[Solved] Mojave Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH & GTX970 black screen Apple logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
LENOVO T480
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
Intel > Need full model number > See Forum Rules!
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hello,

I have a black screen Apple logo when i boot on USB unibeast Mojave after clover boot.
When I select boot install in USB (in verbose mode) i don’t boot on select langage for the installation OS X Mojave.
For information: My build is 100% operational on OS X High Sierra.
Thanks.

Hardware:
Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH
I5 6600k
GTX 970

Attachments

• EA5BD395-0888-480A-B4BC-C13D4C9B5627.jpeg
    EA5BD395-0888-480A-B4BC-C13D4C9B5627.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 273
The
hello,

I have a black screen Apple logo when i boot on USB unibeast Mojave after clover boot.
When I select boot install in USB (in verbose mode) i don’t boot on select langage for the installation OS X Mojave.
For information: My build is 100% operational on OS X High Sierra.
Thanks.

Hardware:
Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH
I5 6600k
GTX 970
  • Verbose boot screen shot shows signs of impending "Prohibited Entry Sign" error . [see edited image]
  • If waited long enough to take more images, you should see a garbled screen with a "Prohibited Entry Sign" error.
  • If that is seen , it means the USB Installer can no longer transfer any files to continue booting toward its destination screen-the "macOS Utilities" screen to access Disk Utility to perform Partition and Format of Target Hard disk to start macOS Installation.
  • Prohibited Entry Sign error can have any one or more of the following causes.
    • CLOVER/kexts/Other lacks kext like "USBInjectAll.kext" "XHCIunsupported.kext"
    • config.plist_Devices_USB lacks [√] Inject [√]FixOwnership
    • BIOS _Peripherals may be lacking Enabling of USB Controllers like Legacy USB support|XHCI Hand-off |EHCI Hand-off
    • The MojaveUSB Installer disk is now in a USB. 3.0 port or a non-working USB 2.0 port and have to be tried on other ports to see if file transfer will resume.
Edited to add: One more thing. Although not related to the current problem, your Nvidia GTX 970 is not supported in Mojave and need to be out of the PCIE before the next big boot error is going to happen. You are better off connecting your monitor to Intel HD 530 from your Processor i5 6600K via HDMI or DVI now itself after changing the BIOS to use IGFX with DVMT Pre-Allocated Memory of 64M or 128M and editing the CLOVER from the USB ( after mounting its EFI on a Mac o Hack ) with needed Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext in /CLOVER/kexts/Other and config.plist_Devices_FakeID _IntelGFX and config.plist_Graphics edited to use Intel IGFX.

Attachments

• Pre-Prohibited Entry Sign Error.png
    Pre-Prohibited Entry Sign Error.png
    69 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
The

• Verbose boot screen shot shows signs of impending "Prohibited Entry Sign" error . [see edited image]
  • If waited long enough to take more images, you should see a garbled screen with a "Prohibited Entry Sign" error.
  • If that is seen , it means the USB Installer can no longer transfer any files to continue booting toward its destination screen-the "macOS Utilities" screen to access Disk Utility to perform Partition and Format of Target Hard disk to start macOS Installation.
  • Prohibited Entry Sign error can have any one or more of the following causes.
    • CLOVER/kexts/Other lacks kext like "USBInjectAll.kext"
    • config.plist_Devices_USB lacks [√] Inject [√]FixOwnership
    • BIOS _Peripherals may be lacking Enabling of USB Controllers like Legacy USB support|XHCI Hand-off |EHCI Hand-off
    • The MojaveUSB Installer disk is now in a USB. 3.0 port or a non-working USB 2.0 port and have to be tried on other ports to see if file transfer will resume.
Edited to add: One more thing. Although not related to the current problem, your Nvidia GTX 970 is not supported in Mojave and need to be out of the PCIE before the next big boot error is going to happen. You are better off connecting your monitor to Intel HD 530 from your Processor i5 6600K via HDMI or DVI now itself after changing the BIOS to use IGFX with DVMT Pre-Allocated Memory of 64M or 128M and editing the CLOVER from the USB ( after mounting its EFI on a Mac o Hack ) with needed Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext in /CLOVER/kexts/Other and config.plist_Devices_FakeID _IntelGFX and config.plist_Graphics edited to use Intel IGFX.

Hello cmn 699,

Thanks you for your post because i resolved my problem.
I realize the upload bios on
Ga z170x ud5 th Uefi F5 —>Uefi F22g.

thanks you very much for your help.

@wmelody123, please update your profile (account details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card(s).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

@wmelody123, please update your profile (account details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card(s).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
ook i just did it i don't have the gpu yet, I'm trying to get the GTX 970, but i want to make sure first.
Hackintosh Beginer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back