Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] mobo: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mobo: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 problem?

So yesterday I received a new CPU i7 directly from Intel! Have no idea what the problem was, they did not reported back to me... LOL
Very weird! It never happened to me and especially with a CPU that got partially damaged. I found out that you could do anything, but when its video feature/buffer were accessed, bang! Reset!

Anyway, I installed it, placed the same huge heatsink as before. In the mobo's BIOS, all cores are steady at 35 +/- 1.

Then loaded the usb flash with Lion and installed it like a breeze. Is is so nice that I couldn't believe... :)
This the first take, I will read further what do I have to do about sound, video, etc. I made the USB stick with Unibeast and Lion 10.7.4 (updated from ApSt).

Thank you very much to all who had the patience to listen to a stressed Mac guy. All the best!!!

Re: mobo: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 problem?

DigitALL said:
So yesterday I received a new CPU i7 directly from Intel! Have no idea what the problem was, they did not reported back to me... LOL
Very weird! It never happened to me and especially with a CPU that got partially damaged. I found out that you could do anything, but when its video feature/buffer were accessed, bang! Reset!

Anyway, I installed it, placed the same huge heatsink as before. In the mobo's BIOS, all cores are steady at 35 +/- 1.

Then loaded the usb flash with Lion and installed it like a breeze. Is is so nice that I couldn't believe... :)
This the first take, I will read further what do I have to do about sound, video, etc. I made the USB stick with Unibeast and Lion 10.7.4 (updated from ApSt).

Thank you very much to all who had the patience to listen to a stressed Mac guy. All the best!!!

Hey it wasn't a big deal, I'm glad you were able to get the issue resolved. I know when I had the issue with my board not posting that wound up being because the memory was bad, that was quite frustrating for me too. If nothing else at least you have added this to your troubleshooting skills so you can quickly resolve this type of problem if you have it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back