Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte z490 Vision G
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
HD 630/RX 5700 XT
Hello, I am trying to install Mojave but every time I plug it into the PC I get "Missing Operating System."

I am following directions exactly (creating the USB on my macbook). However, I did notice that the name changes from USB to "Install Mac Os Mojave" once Unibeast has finished. The USB I'm using is 32gb.

In the past, I have been able to install I believe Sierra (could have been El Capitan) on the current PC setup I have now, just to see if I could.

Is my computer too "old" to be able to run Mojave? If so, how can I download older versions of macOS? The new Mac App store removed my history where I had all the mac OS's since Snow Leopard :/

Well, I fixed the issue.

I used this command in terminal "diskutil erasedisk hfs+ External GPT /dev/disk2" which allowed me to partition the USB drive (before the option was greyed out).

I partitioned the drive to 10gb. This gave me a new partition UEFI which showed up as a bootable drive on the PC.

Sorry for being a noob and asking my question too early. Hope it helps someone else though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back