Contribute
Register

[Solved] Mavs on Asus Z97-A with ThunderboltEX II... What the heck??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare (F9H BIOS)
CPU
i7-9700k
Graphics
RX 5700
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out how to get my new ThunderboltEX II to work through Mavericks. After reading through tony's thread on him testing it and how he got it working, I noted he said he had to load the Windows drivers first.

I took it that meant he just had to install the drivers on the windows side, plug in a peripheral and life would be good. So I booted into Windows, installed the cards drivers, plugged in my Apple Thunderbolt to Firewire adapter with that connected to my Digi002, which it recognized and installed, then restarted into Mavs. Mavs recognized Thunderbolt right away using DPCIMANAGER and checking other misc settings.

Now, if I turn on the Digi002, boot into Windows, restart into Mavs, then restart once again into Mavs without turning anything off, Thunderbolt is recognized at all times. But, if I completely shut down the pc from within mavs, then boot back in with everything connected and on, Thunderbolt is no longer recognized. It's as if the drivers are "turned off" in Mavs when the pc is turned off and has to be "turned back on" by booting into Windows first.

In short (I know this was long, sorry), does anyone know of a fix for that, where I can just boot straight into Mavs and Thunderbolt work without having to boot into Windows first? That's going to get so annoying really fast because I'm getting a UAD Apollo 16, which is strictly Thunderbolt. I don't wanna have to boot into Windows every time. Thanks for the help!

Mavs on Asus Z97-A with ThunderboltEX II... What the heck??

Looks like I figured it out. I changed my Thunderbolt security in my bios to "no security", did a cold boot into Mavs and Thunderbolt was recognized & working, just in case anyone else had this problem. No more booting into Windows.

@ssccrab Is everything still working so well? I have the same system specs as you (Except Z97-Deluxe), and would like to have the flexibility to use a Thunderbolt audio interface. (Apogee Ensemble?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back