Graphics
ATI Radeon 5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So i installed the USB version of 1.9 Mavericks and then updated to 1.9.4.
Everything was fine for 2 days till i decided to migrate my old LION files with the migration assistant.
I restored the files (Other documents and files and Applications, (no system prefs etc)) and then after 2h of manually copying the old Desktop and Documents, i rebooted the mac....only to see it rebooting 2-3 seconds before coming back to the OS GUI (a bit after the spinning wheel).
I restarted with -x and managed to get in...I ran kextutility to check for permissions and then restarted again.....but it got stuck again.
Restarted again with -v and got this:
unnamed.jpg
and then it rebooted.

After that i loaded up the USB again and did a diskutility on the drive...no errors found, and it fixed some permissions.
After that every time i restart it reaches this point:
unnamed2.jpg
And right when its about to say Checking extended file attributes, it reboots.

Is there anything i can do to make it stable again ?

ps: Checking permissions did complain about VoodooHDA and jmicron kexts that were not digitally signed but it would still load them. Dont know if it matters....but since i cant boot back into the OS i cant remove them either.

Thanks guys.

Build:
Asus P5B Premium Edition
Core2Quad Q660 2.4Ghz
Kingston DDR2 666 - 4GB
ATI Radeon 5770

Mavericks after Migration fails to boot

Ok i managed to go a bit further...now i can boot in Safe mode....but i still cant boot up normally.
Right before it goes into the OS my screen goes black and the GPU fan goes wild (i got ATI 5770).
Booting with -v i see this:

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

Mavericks after Migration fails to boot

Reinstalled Mavericks and manually copied my files from the old OS...everything is fine now.

I was wondering if migration assistant would work as well. I will just start clean and move everything manually. Thanks for following up here.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back