1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
icon.png

As reported in this thread :-

And this thread :-

On some systems, certain BT devices such as a Apple Magic Mouse and Keyboard wont connect properly after a sleep / wake cycle. As discussed in the above threads this can be cured by toggling BT Off and back On again.

I found that this could be automated by using Better Touch Tool (BTT) to turn off BT when entering sleep and back on again when waking the system which i detailed in this post :-

However at some point during Ventura's update cycle it looks like Apple changed things again which unfortunately seems to have stoped BTT from properly turning BT back on after wake.

For anyone looking for a solution to this frustrating issue try using the BlueSnooze App :-

Unlike BTT, BlueSnooze is open source / free and uses a 3rd party API to toggle the BT on and off which seems to work reliably with Ventura and Sonoma (I have not tested it on other versions of MacOS). BlueSnooze requires no configuration to work so its a great solution for novices. Simply download the latest build and install to Applications, then run it. Finaly click on the BlueSnooze icon in the top menu bar and select "Launch at Login".

Screenshot 2023-10-30 at 14.51.46.png

You should now find that your Magic Mouse / Keyboard / Other BT device now works after waking the system. The only negative side effect of this approach is that you can not use an Apple watch to automatically unlock your hack which the developer of BlueSnooze acknowledges in the caveats section.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Thank you for posting this. For the most, I think BlueSnooze can be a good solution for the behavior.

I've also had suffered from this and this maybe specific to my motherboard, but in the end, turning the RAM speed down to 2933MHz had worked for me. I can continue to use USBWakeFixup and this also happens to fix "Disk not ejected properly" notification for USB 2.0 drives after the sleep/wake cycle.

Back