Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I finally managed to get macOS Sierra fully installed on my PC. Realtek/NVidia/CPU is working fine so far.. But the only problem i have right now are the USB ports. The strange thing is that only some of the USB ports work. It detects the keyboard & usb stick, but not the mouse and my USB3 HDD.

MB: ASUS P8Z77-V LX

Last edited:
An alternative to that could be patching the DSDT with the USB device rename patch. I've had this issue since El Capitan and patching the DSDT fixed it after some headaches. For the sake of having macOS run your hardware as accurately as possible, you may want to stick wtih imac13,2 (since that iMac has almost exactly the same hardware). I'll attach my DSDT that you can try out yourself.
It contains the said USB fix, several fixes specific to the board itself, a patch for making drives appear internal without any kexts and some more good stuff I can't remember. I'm using it myself and it's way more convenient than fiddling with kexts, especially when transitioning between OS versions because you don't have to look for potential newer versions of kexts.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    18.9 KB · Views: 172
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back