Register

[Solved] macOS high Sierra OsxAptioFix2Drv error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS H110M-K
CPU
i5 6500
I am building hackintosh for the first time and my build is i5 6500, asus h110m-k mini atx, 16gb corsair ddr4 ram, Kingston 256GB SSD and corsair hx620W......after creating a bootable usb using unibeast now when i boot the installer it doesnot reach installer and show OsxAptioFix2Drv: Starting overrides for /.IABootFiles\boot.efi then show +++++ and restarts...........Please help me

I swear unibeast used to have an option when you built for uefi booting to allow you to check off efis, and some motherboards want either OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi or OsxAptioFixDrv.efi. I have no idea what these actually do, I just know my motherboard requires the former. So, do you have either of these in your drivers64UEFI folder (under the CLOVER efi folder)?

If you have one or both, maybe just use one or none (experiment). If you have neither, maybe add OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi. You can also check the forums under either Sierra or High Sierra for success install builds for that board.

I swear unibeast used to have an option when you built for uefi booting to allow you to check off efis, and some motherboards want either OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi or OsxAptioFixDrv.efi. I have no idea what these actually do, I just know my motherboard requires the former. So, do you have either of these in your drivers64UEFI folder (under the CLOVER efi folder)?

If you have one or both, maybe just use one or none (experiment). If you have neither, maybe add OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi. You can also check the forums under either Sierra or High Sierra for success install builds for that board.
Actually i have OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi and can you please explain how to use one or none?? and how to add another???

and thank you for replying and i tried both but not working still please help a noob

To be clear I do not know what that efi does, I'm just suggesting you experiment. You mentioned a log message that uses that name. You say you have OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi. So the experiments would be:

1. try booting without it
2. try booting with OsxAptioFixDrv.efi instead

Sorry I don't have a better idea.

...motherboards want either OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi or OsxAptioFixDrv.efi. I have no idea what these actually do...

Aptio (originally from AMI) is a BIOS firmware, based on the UEFI Specifications and the Intel Platform Innovation Framework for EFI. Aptio helps with firmware portability and extensibility to various platforms like in OS X or macOS. Aptio can be expanded using a variety of drivers, development tools, support utilities and pre-boot application solutions.

AptioFix2Drv is one such drivers used to modify Aptio behavior in booting from BIOS. If incorrect OsxAptioFixDrv.efi is launched from CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder, the boot disk that contains that CLOVER, hangs /crashes before reaching CBM screen. In some cases if it makes it to CBM it can fail later during boot to the target screen.

I think of OsxAptioFixDrv as a BIOS fixer-upper for Hackintosh UEFI booting using the CLOVER Bootloader modifying Tool to boot from BIOS. Like any other hackintosh software, frequent modification is the rule as different users buy different MoBo/CPU/Graphics for their build and one driver cannot do the work in all of them. Hence the trial and error method when problem occurs.

It is not a good idea to put all known OsxAptioFixDrv.efi s to be placed inside /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI hoping something will help! That will only cause the problem to repeat in subsequent boots. When you find one is causing the error, remove that and replace with a modified one and reboot and try.

Reactions: aol
Aptio (originally from AMI) is a BIOS firmware, based on the UEFI Specifications and the Intel Platform Innovation Framework for EFI. Aptio helps with firmware portability and extensibility to various platforms like in OS X or macOS. Aptio can be expanded using a variety of drivers, development tools, support utilities and pre-boot application solutions.

AptioFix2Drv is one such drivers used to modify Aptio behavior in booting from BIOS. If incorrect OsxAptioFixDrv.efi is launched from CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder, the boot disk that contains that CLOVER, hangs /crashes before reaching CBM screen. In some cases if it makes it to CBM it can fail later during boot to the target screen.

I think of OsxAptioFixDrv as a BIOS fixer-upper for Hackintosh UEFI booting using the CLOVER Bootloader modifying Tool to boot from BIOS. Like any other hackintosh software, frequent modification is the rule as different users buy different MoBo/CPU/Graphics for their build and one driver cannot do the work in all of them. Hence the trial and error method when problem occurs.

It is not a good idea to put all known OsxAptioFixDrv.efi s to be placed inside /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI hoping something will help! That will only cause the problem to repeat in subsequent boots. When you find one is causing the error, remove that and replace with a modified one and reboot and try.
i did all that but still no success

i did all that but still no success
  • Upload your CLOVER as a compressed file
  • List your BIOS options or better still upload images of BIOS screens showing your choices for the Boot.

i
  • List your BIOS options or better still upload images of BIOS screens showing your choices for the Boot.
got past that but now after loading for 3 quarters my screen goes black now what should i do please helpe me its been days and i havent reached installer yet even

my efi files is this

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    2.7 MB · Views: 851
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back