Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 update problem in multiboot system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately if I remember correctly I had to use the 14,2 system definition because I had some problems with 10,1 sysdef on macOS Sierra.
an additional question:the "boot macOS install from macOS High Sierra" entry in the clover menu during the update process is due to the dual boot configuration (macOS high Sierra on the second partition of the same SSD) or is an update mode of macOS High Sierra (before now in the macOS Sierra update it had never happened)?

Unfortunately if I remember correctly I had to use the 14,2 system definition because I had some problems with 10,1 sysdef on macOS Sierra.
an additional question:the "boot macOS install from macOS High Sierra" entry in the clover menu during the update process is due to the dual boot configuration (macOS high Sierra on the second partition of the same SSD) or is an update mode of macOS High Sierra (before now in the macOS Sierra update it had never happened)?
The installer places a file in root that shows up as Install MacOS High Sierra icon on your Clover screen. To install High Sierra, the installer first copies this file to root and requires a reboot. On reboot, this file is the one that a "real" Mac will boot from to install to new OS. It is the one that you should select from the Clover screen to complete the installation of HS. After this has finished there will be one more reboot to set up your user or to the log-in screen if you are updating from, say, 10.13.1 to 10.13.2.

After installing the ethernet kext the sysdef has been recognized:
macOS High Sierra 2.png

I tried again to update via combo update file offline and via App store update utility online but with no luck :(
Everything seems to work fine in High Sierra 10.13 (ethernet, wi-fi) but when I try to update it booting in verbose mode there are so many error messages and I do not know how to report them here to try to understand the problem.
Any idea about it?

Last edited:
No idea. If it runs 10.13.0 then it should update. Not sure what is causing the errors in your case. Can you post the boot log from the Console app?

Do You mean the boot log of "boot macOS install from macOS High Sierra" or "boot macOS from macOS High Sierra"?
Can I find it in system.log (console utility)?

Do You mean the boot log of "boot macOS install from macOS High Sierra" or "boot macOS from macOS High Sierra"?
Can I find it in system.log (console utility)?
Console should be logging both since you are installing one over the other, so to speak.

I tried to find the boot logs of "boot macOS install from macOS High Sierra" but it does not seem there are in system.log (console utility).
However I solved the problem (unlike what happened in macOS Sierra) copying the file FakeSMC.kext also in
/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER kexts/Other (previously installed only in /L/E) and now macOS High Sierra is updated to 10.13.2 :thumbup:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back