Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Hi All,
I installed macOS High Sierra alongside macOS Sierra in a multiboot system (legacy mode/HFS+ file system) on the same SSD.
I have download the latest 10.13.2 combo update and saved it on an USB external HDD but after running the update installer at reboot a "boot macOS install from macOS High Sierra" entry has been added to the Clover menu.
Starting from this new entry i have a kernel panic. Instead starting from "boot macOS from macOS High Sierra" and verifying in system information the update is not recognized and macOS version is still 10.13.
How can I fix this problem?
Thanks in advance for Your help

Last edited:
Determine the cause of the kernel panic and fix the problem. This is the only way you are going to get past this to 10.13.2 - you must be able to boot the boot macOS Install from macOS High Sierra icon to complete the update. Selecting the other icon just boots you to the current version.

H
How to? where can i find an install log?
Have you looked at the Console app logs and reports?
Have you tried booting with -v boot-arg added to Clover boot section?

I have tried booting with -v boot-arg and the last three lines are (if I copied well):

unsupported CPU for reporter
iMac.local.con.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (org.ntp.sntp.177) <Warning>: Service exited with abnormal code:1
kextd stall [0]: 'AppleACPICPU'

What do I have to look for in the Console app logs and reports?

Last edited:
I have tried booting with -v boot-arg and the last three lines are (if I copied well):

unsupported CPU for reporter
iMac.local.con.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (org.ntp.sntp.177) <Warning>: Service exited with abnormal code:1
kextd stall [0]: 'AppleACPICPU'

What do I have to look for in the Console app logs and reports?
You are probably going to have to use FakeCPUID for a newer CPU in order to run High Sierra. Take a look at Apple's post regarding the minimum hardware requirements to run 10.13.

These are system information for macOS Sierra and macOS High Sierra installation:
macOS Sierra.png

macOS High Sierra.png

You think the problem is due to the fact that the system definition does not match a supported CPU in macOS High Sierra installation?
Does exist a FakeCPUID supported by macOS High Sierra to fix this problem and where can i find it?

Last edited:
Since
List of MacOS High Sierra 10.13 Compatible Macs
All new model Macs will be compatible with MacOS 10.13. The supported hardware list below shows the minimum system requirement Mac models capable of running macOS 10.13:
  • MacBook Pro – 2010 or later models
  • MacBook – Late 2009 or later models
  • MacBook Air – 2010 or later models
  • iMac – Late 2009 or later models
  • Mac Mini – 2010 or later models
  • Mac Pro – 2010 or later models
As always, the newer the Mac and the more powerful the hardware, the better the performance will be.
shows that a 2013 iMac is supported then the problem is not the CPU. Odd that the Sierra drive shows you have a Late 2013 27" iMac but the High Sierra is only identifying it as an iMac - no model info. Are you using the same config.plist for booting both drives/installs?

Yes the config.plist is the same. Could I have different config.plist files in a dual boot with Clover?
Could be a problem to have a C2D CPU with a iMac 14.2 system definition? (although in the macOS Sierra installation works fine)

Last edited:
Yes the config.plist is the same. Could I have different config.plist files in a dual boot with Clover?
Could be a problem to have a C2D CPU with a iMac 14.2 system definition? (although in the macOS Sierra installation works fine)
The late 2009 Core2 was an iMac 10,1. The 14,2 was late 2013 and had an i5 in it according to everymac.com. You might try the 10,1 system definition and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back