Contribute
Register

[solved] macOS could not be installed on your computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you repartition the target drive as GPT (use Disk Utility) such that the only partition on the disk is the macOS target?

Yes, unless that's not how you do it.
Tried it this way and tried just erasing. Also tried partitioning it back to 1TB, still gave me an error.

The last error on the installer log is "The Quartz framework's library couldn't be loaded from ...."

Attachments

• 20180929_024445[1].jpg
    20180929_024445[1].jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 565
Last edited:
Yes, unless that's not how you do it.
Tried it this way and tried just erasing. Also tried partitioning it back to 1TB, still gave me an error.

The last error on the installer log is "The Quartz framework's library couldn't be loaded from ...."

That looks like two partitions (equal size). Use a single partition.

Also...
From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

That looks like two partitions (equal size). Use a single partition.

Also...
From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

Tried that as well

Downloaded from my friend's MacBook.
Used that to build a vm, I know the guide said not to do so, but they didn't want to keep their laptop at my place over the weekend (cause of college work) and I've seen some success stories about using that method so I thought I'd test my luck.
If that's the problem then I'll look for another method

Tried that as well

Downloaded from my friend's MacBook.
Used that to build a vm, I know the guide said not to do so, but they didn't want to keep their laptop at my place over the weekend (cause of college work) and I've seen some success stories about using that method so I thought I'd test my luck.
If that's the problem then I'll look for another method

Do not use a VM to create your USB.
It is written in the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

@RehabMan

I've installed macOS using another method. However, I still have to use an invalid ig-platform-id.
Will that affect the boot if I change the timeout to 0?
Please let me know if you need my clover.zip file

Thanks for your help

@RehabMan

I've installed macOS using another method. However, I still have to use an invalid ig-platform-id.
Will that affect the boot if I change the timeout to 0?
Please let me know if you need my clover.zip file

Thanks for your help

You will need to explain your problem clearly and attach PR files as per FAQ.

You will need to explain your problem clearly and attach PR files as per FAQ.

Nevermind, it seems to have gone away after adding "change GFX0 to IGPU" to the patches (I think that fixed it; from 4MB to 1536 MB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back