Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Optiplex
CPU
i7-4770
Graphics
HD4600
I'm new to hackintoshing and just Macs in general. I managed to get High Sierra installed but after running Multibeast, it won't boot past an Apple logo. Booting into verbose gives me a Mach Reboot error. Looking at other threads, there's a lot of talk about dropping DMAR tables, but I don't know what that is. I don't really understand how to edit Clover; I just used UniBeast to set it up.
Specs:
Dell Optiplex 9020
i7-4770
HD4600
Installing on SATA SSD

Attachments

• 20180408_174622.jpg
    20180408_174622.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 349
Looking at other threads, there's a lot of talk about dropping DMAR tables, but I don't know what that is.
No need to drop DMAR or MATS table.
Use config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/FixHeaders=true instead.

Download Clover Configurator (Vibrant Edition)
Open Clover Configurator
Mount your EFI partition
Open EFI/EFI/Clover/Config.plist
Check the Acpi section and enable FixHeaders
Save
Close Clover Configurator

FixHeaders.png

Thanks! So that got me to an Apple logo with a loading bar that froze a little past half way. Running in verbose shows that it's hanging at Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 216. Attaching screenshot.

Attachments

• 20180408_191222.jpg
    20180408_191222.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 127
Thanks! So that got me to an Apple logo with a loading bar that froze a little past half way. Running in verbose shows that it's hanging at Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 216. Attaching screenshot.
You have missed to DISABLE Serial Port in your BIOS.
Force Reboot> go to BIOS >Locate Serial Port (I Don't know anything about Brand name Computers ; You are on your own to find that in Dell' PC's BIOS Menu. ) and DISABLE >Save BIOS and reboot in verbose to see if there are more surprises.. Verbose mode boot and Camera are the best tools for those new to Hackintosh!

Attachments

• Serial Port ENABLED  in BIOS!.png
    Serial Port ENABLED in BIOS!.png
    254.8 KB · Views: 148
So we've advanced two more lines, but still no cigar.

Attachments

• 20180408_220557.jpg
    20180408_220557.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 142
So I managed to boot successfully by switching from a VGA cable to one of the DisplayPorts on my machine. Not sure why this worked, but it did. Followed advice from this post from you in another thread
  • This boot freeze is most likely from your Graphics
  • The problem for your Graphics can be in any of the following:
    • In the BIOS setup of Graphics pertaining to the chosen graphics card currently connected to the Monitor (must be via Digital cable)
    • CLOVER contents
      • Kexts/Other
      • config.plist
  • Check BIOS >Peripherals to make sure everything appropriate has been chosen .
  • Check and edit the CLOVER contents as required or Upload CLOVER from the disk as a compressed file for our suggestions.

So I managed to boot successfully by switching from a VGA cable to one of the DisplayPorts on my machine. Not sure why this worked, but it did. Followed advice from this post from you in another thread
macOS has given up on VGA for quite a while. It does not work with Analog ports like VGA; functions only using Digital ports and cables like DVI-D, HDMI and DP.
Glad you used Verbose boot and uploaded images and diagnosed and treated the problem without help.:)
Please post in what BIOS menu in your Dell you found Serial Port?
Was it ENABLED by Default?
This will help someone else with Dell Optiplex.
Congrats.:clap:

macOS has given up on VGA for quite a while. It does not work with Analog ports like VGA; functions only using Digital ports and cables like DVI-D, HDMI and DP.
Glad you used Verbose boot and uploaded images and diagnosed and treated the problem without help.:)
Please post in what BIOS menu in your Dell you found Serial Port?
Was it ENABLED by Default?
This will help someone else with Dell Optiplex.
Congrats.:clap:
I'm at work so I can't take my own screenshot and can't find a screenshot of the serial option online, but here's as close as I can find. Serial Port is enabled by default on my model at least. Most Dell UEFI versions look almost identical to this screenshot. Under System Configuration, there should be an option called Serial Port. It'll have multiple options, but you just need to select 'Disabled' and then hit Apply and reboot. I'll edit with a better screenshot when I get home. Hope this helps anyone else who's having this issue.
Edit: Didn't answer all the questions

Attachments

• dell-nicboot.jpg
    dell-nicboot.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 104
I'm at work so I can't take my own screenshot and can't find a screenshot of the serial option online, but here's as close as I can find. Serial Port is enabled by default on my model at least. Most Dell UEFI versions look almost identical to this screenshot. Under System Configuration, there should be an option called Serial Port. It'll have multiple options, but you just need to select 'Disabled' and then hit Apply and reboot. I'll edit with a better screenshot when I get home. Hope this helps anyone else who's having this issue.
Edit: Didn't answer all the questions
Thank you for your prompt and helpful response . This is one way to repay the Forum for the help we get from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back