Gigabyte Z77N-WIFI
CPU
Core I5-3570K
Graphics
Stock Intel HD 4000 / Nvidia Geforce GTS 250
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
My system is a Windows 10 + Sierra dualboot on 2 separate SSDs.
All entries related to my OSX system disapeared after what i believe was the final reboot after the high sierra upgrade.
I tried booting from my Gigabyte motherboard boot selection utility. My OSX drive does appear, but any attempt ends up booting in Windows 10.

I reckon i may not have done the upgrade entirely by the book. I was busy when the High Sierra screen first appear, and for some reason, the computer powered off. This is from that time on that i've lost the ability to boot from OSX ot it's high sierra installer.

I've mounted my EFI partition onto windows 10 so that i could zip it and send it according to the forum recommended procedure.

Using an actual mac mini, i've made a high sierra instrallation usb stick in an attempt to recover my fresh High sierra upgrade.
Disk utility states that the OSX SSD is not empty, so all my files look still intact. The file system on my SSD does register as APFS. Attempting to install high sierra on top of it didn't change anything.

I'm running clover version 2.4rev.4359

Any help apreciated. Thank You

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 100
Last edited:
My system is a Windows 10 + Sierra dualboot on 2 separate SSDs.
All entries related to my OSX system disapeared after what i believe was the final reboot after the high sierra upgrade.
I tried booting from my Gigabyte motherboard boot selection utility. My OSX drive does appear, but any attempt ends up booting in Windows 10.

I reckon i may not have done the upgrade entirely by the book. I was busy when the High Sierra screen first appear, and for some reason, the computer powered off. This is from that time on that i've lost the ability to boot from OSX ot it's high sierra installer.

I've mounted my EFI partition onto windows 10 so that i could zip it and send it according to the forum recommended procedure.

Using an actual mac mini, i've made a high sierra instrallation usb stick in an attempt to recover my fresh High sierra upgrade.
Disk utility states that the OSX SSD is not empty, so all my files look still intact. The file system on my SSD does register as APFS. Attempting to install high sierra on top of it didn't change anything.

I'm running clover version 2.4rev.4359

Any help apreciated. Thank You
Try re-installing Clover to the drive. Also, double check your DefaultVolume in Clover boot - sometimes you need to remove it, reboot without it and put it back in so Clover recognizes the upgraded volume

I guess i'll have to extract my SSD, connect it to a real mac and try reinstalling clover onto it. I just wish i could do that from windows or a bootable usb stick...
Anyway, i'll give it a try tomorrow. By the way, here's my config.plist, just in case. Cheers

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.1 KB · Views: 218
I guess i'll have to extract my SSD, connect it to a real mac and try reinstalling clover onto it. I just wish i could do that from windows or a bootable usb stick...
Anyway, i'll give it a try tomorrow. By the way, here's my config.plist, just in case. Cheers
Try this - I have removed the default volume of your config.plist.
Do you still have the UniBeast USB you installed with? That makes a good emergency boot stick for just this type of problem.

Attachments

• config-4.plist.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 98
Connecting the SSD to the mac mini fixed it. It seems the upgrade procedure hadn't completed properly. Reinstalling clover cleaned up evrtything afterwards.

Thanks again for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back