Contribute
Register

[Solved] Lenovo y520 intel hd 630 7 mb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, booted with Inject/Intel=true and 0x12345678.
rebuild caches with "sudo kextcache -i /" and reboot again normally.
I rebuilt the caches, what do you mean with "reboot again normally"? you mean remove the 0x12345678 and keep it empty?

Alright, booted with Inject/Intel=true and 0x12345678.

I rebuilt the caches, what do you mean with "reboot again normally"? you mean remove the 0x12345678 and keep it empty?
Yes. Also for the ease, you should change the FakeID from clover GUI instead of modifying the actually config.plist.

Yeah, it doesn't boot after rebooting normally. Same as before.

Yeah, it doesn't boot after rebooting normally. Same as before.
Rebuilding the cache can be tricky. You should do it twice the reboot normally (without FakeID) injection.

rebooted once with FakeID, rebuilt caches, rebooted 3 times with no FakeID. It doesn't boot. After 10 days of this, I have the urge of punching a hole in the screen.

rebooted once with FakeID, rebuilt caches, rebooted 3 times with no FakeID. It doesn't boot. After 10 days of this, I have the urge of punching a hole in the screen.
What version of macOS are you running?
Also stay tuned for my new guide and follow it from the beginning. macOS runs really well on my Y520 so you shouldn’t worry. It just takes time and effort.

I'm running 10.13.6
Tried Mojave beta for a while, same issues.

@the-braveknight
here's something new might be helpful..
this is what happens when it restarts:

DSMOS has arrived
unexpected session 10000 uid: -1 requested by: 204
AppleKeyStore operation failed <three lines of this>
IOPPF: XCPM mode
panic (cpu 2 caller 0xffffff7f971c4229): assertmsg@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/GPUDriversIntel/GPUDriversintel-10.36.19/Common/ ..can't see the rest

the rest is just too fast and can't be seen.

Also stay tuned for my new guide and follow it from the beginning. macOS runs really well on my Y520 so you shouldn’t worry. It just takes time and effort.
looking forward to it.

@the-braveknight
Ok, I got the graphics to work correctly.
I took the clover folder from someone else's post (Lenovo Y520 too) and then "make install_y520" from your repo and that got a native support with audio as well(clearer and more louder than what I've tried earlier with voodooHD).

My only complain is that the command key is now Alt (it got swapped with the windows logo key) and the numlock doesn't turn on, is there a fix for that? maybe something to do with the patches or the config.plist?
Here's my clover folder now.
Also does the wifi works in this laptop?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 143
@the-braveknight
Ok, I got the graphics to work correctly.
I took the clover folder from someone else's post (Lenovo Y520 too) and then "make install_y520" from your repo and that got a native support with audio as well(clearer and more louder than what I've tried earlier with voodooHD).

My only complain is that the command key is now Alt (it got swapped with the windows logo key) and the numlock doesn't turn on, is there a fix for that? maybe something to do with the patches or the config.plist?
Here's my clover folder now.
Also does the wifi works in this laptop?
The clover folder you’re using is wrong (not usable with Y520 files built with 'make install_y520'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back