Contribute
Register

[Solved] Lenovo y520 intel hd 630 7 mb

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a clean install and following the guide with the Y520 repo, doesn't boot.
BTW.. the ig-platform-id and IntelGFX FakeID are empty in the config.plist. Is that what it supposed to be after following that guide?
Yes. SSDT-Y520 includes SSDT-IGPU code and that should enable the graphics and inject the relevant properties.

Did you run 'make' & 'make install_y520' in terminal?

Also, SMBIOS is empty except for the product name which is MacBookPro14,1. Every other field is empty.
That should be enough. The other data is left for the users to customize.

Yes, I did. I did everything successfully from this guide with the Y520 repo. Still doesn't boot unfortunately.
Edit: uploaded the debug files (if needed).

Attachments

• debug_16746.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 147
Yes, I did. I did everything successfully from this guide with the Y520 repo. Still doesn't boot unfortunately.
Boot with verbose and show a pic of where it hands. Also see the guide’s "Problem Reporting" section.

Notes:
- Make sure SSDT-Y520.aml is present in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched.
- Make sure you’re using the config.plist from the Y520 repo.
- Make sure all the kexts are installed to /Library/Extensions.

EDIT: Your Clover setup is wrong. You should use AptioMemoryFix instead of OsxAptioFix*Drv & EmuVariableUefi...

Last edited:
Boot with verbose and show a pic of where it hands. Also see the guide’s "Problem Reporting" section.

Notes:
- Make sure SSDT-Y520.aml is present in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched.
- Make sure you’re using the config.plist from the Y520 repo.
- Make sure all the kexts are installed to /Library/Extensions.

-Check.
-Check.
-Check.
Still doesn't boot.
I did the verbose option and the last thing my eyes could catch was "DSMOS has arrived" and then it scrolls so fast with small sentences in each line then auto restarts quickly. I can't take a picture of that.
And believe me I searched and searched all over the place for any fix in every guide possible. I've been trying things for the past week.

-Check.
-Check.
-Check.
Still doesn't boot.
I did the verbose option and the last thing my eyes could catch was "DSMOS has arrived" and then it scrolls so fast with small sentences in each line then auto restarts quickly. I can't take a picture of that.
Oh okay I think that indicates a problem with DVMT-prealloc (Clover is failing to patch the framebuffer kext due to broken kernel cache). You should boot with FakeID=0x12345678, rebuild caches with "sudo kextcache -i /" and reboot again normally.

Alright, how to clear clover for a reinstall?
What options exactly I should be using?

Edit: so no need to change clover?

Alright, how to clear clover for a reinstall?
What options exactly I should be using?
You should just run the installer and check AptioMemoryFix.efi instead of OsxAptio* & EmuVariableUefi. You should also check FSInject and ApfsDriverLoader. The rest is optional.
Then you need to boot with FakeID=0x12345678 to prevent the graphics drivers from loading, rebuild caches, then reboot.

I didn't select ApfsDriverLoader because I kept the HFS+J during installation.
Even with FakeID=0x12345678 it didn't boot.

For some reason, no matter what I do, the system doesn't boot except with SMBIOS MacBookPro14,3, FakeID 0x12345678 and InjectIntel with ig-platform-id 591b0000

For some reason, no matter what I do, the system doesn't boot except with SMBIOS MacBookPro14,3, FakeID 0x12345678 and InjectIntel with ig-platform-id 591b0000
Keep in mind FakeID does nothing without Inject/Intel=true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back