Motherboard
Asus P8 Z68 V PRO
CPU
i5
Graphics
RX480
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just yesterday my computer did an update and now it shows just a blank yellow screen after booting up. I tried to boot into safe mode, but then the screen just black and blank.
My kexts are still intact in the EFI partition and I can reinstall the OS, but after that, when it does its update again, it is going to crash the same way. Any ideas?

My apologies for being rather vague earlier. I fixed the issue. And then I did a number of installations again and again to find out the real issue that I was facing.
So far this is what I have found out. If you have an AMD Radeon 7xxx graphics card, you need the Verde.kext file in your /Library/Extentions folder or in the folder Kext Folder of your Clover installation.
If you make a Unibeast USB, be sure to add this kext in the EFI/Clover/Kext/ folder of the drive as well as it will assist you in completing the installation.

Before you do any update, please make sure to first update your Clover installation to the latest one. The reason I say this is because for my previous install of Sierra, on the Clover installation from MultiBeast, the kexts are placed in the "Other" folder and not in the folder corresponding to the OS version (10.12).. Newer Clover installations now ask that the kexts be moved to the 10.12 folder. Whereas Clover on MultiBeast will keep it in the "Others" folder. However 10.12.4 looks for the kexts in the "10.12" folder failing which it will look for the kext files in "library/extensions" folder of the main OS installation.

In order to never get the "light blue blank screen" or the yellow one, ever when updating your computer/installing MacOS, etc... Kext folder in the Clover installation of the corresponding boot device (HDD or USB) needs to have the both the FakeSMC and the Verde kext files.
Another way is to store the FakeSMC and Verde files in the /library/extensions folder using a software called Kext Wizard.

So I will boil this down to two scenarios...

If you are installing Sierra for the first time on a computer and your setup uses the AMD Radeon 7xxx card, then make sure that the USB has the Verde kext in its EFI/Clover/Kext installation. This can be done after Unibeast has completed its process.
To be sure, put the FakeSMC and Verde kexts in both the 10.12 and Others folders.
Then install the OS as you would usually do in any other setup. After the installation is done, install Clover using UniBeast and the copy all the required kexts to the Clover installation on the EFI partition. Be sure to place them in the 10.12 folder and include the FakeSMC and Verde kexts.

Scenario 2:
If you are running Sierra, before you update to 10.12.4, make sure to update your Clover installation. Google it and get the latest off the SourceForge. Install it and then copy the kexts over the 10.12 folder. The upgrade the software.

If you upgraded and you find yourself in front of a light blue screen, do not worry.. start up the computer in safemode by adding -x in the options of Clover and once you have logged in, download Kext Wizard and use it to install the FakeSMC and Verde kexts in the /library/extension folder. Once you do that you can restart your computer as normal.
By using Kext Wizard, your OS installation still looks "vanilla"..

My Hackintosh Specs...
Intel i5
Motherboard - ASUS P8Z68 VPRO
Graphics - AMD Radeon 7xxx 1024
16GB Ram
250GB SSD
500GB Sata HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back