Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Latest nvidia drivers broke my machine !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z97M-DS3H
CPU
I-54590
Graphics
EVGA GeForce 740 sc
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So I've been successfully running my machine for about 6 months then I updated to the latest nvidia drivers and upon successful installation my machine froze with lines of text over the OS X GUI. Now I can't boot into OS X at all. getting kernel panics. any possible way to get rid of updated drivers without booting into OS X ?

Verbose more doesn't work
safe mode doesn't work
maxmem=4096 lets me boot but freezes almost immediately as I have application opening on boot.

Build:
chimera
yosemite 14F27
Evga GeForce 740sc
i-54590

Latest nvidia drivers broke my machine !

boot using nv_disable=1

Tried that it returns a panic cpu 1 caller " a freed zone element has been modified in zone Kalloc.64

Tried that it returns a panic cpu 1 caller " a freed zone element has been modified in zone Kalloc.64

It isn't the drivers that broke the install then.

. . is consistent with a deadbeef error - Boot with maxmem=4096

Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

When I boot with me max=4096 it boots but the freezes when the first program opens and gives the error again

When I boot with me max=4096 it boots but the freezes when the first program opens and gives the error again

Boot with -v -x -f nv_disable=1 maxmem=4096

Please update your profile as per the Rules.

Although I cannot wrap my head around what that combination would do I will try it. I updated my profile.

Although I cannot wrap my head around what that combination would do I will try it.

Boot with -v -x -f nv_disable=1 maxmem=4096

-v = verbose mode
-x = safe mode
-f = without caches
nv_disable=1 = disable nvidia graphics drivers
maxmem=4096 = installed memory is 4096GB = counters deadbeef error

When you reach the desktop you should install the correct web drivers for your build number :

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/161256-solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.html

Fixed! Thanks so much for the help. Was able to reinstall the proper drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back