Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
h97m-plus
CPU
i7 4790
Graphics
gtx960 4gb
build: asus h97m-plus, core i7 4790, 16gb PNY 1600mhz, evga 960 4gb. installed EFI with clover.

I recently had everything working sweetly, then my asus mobo took a dump. six weeks later, my new motherboard arrived (thanks ASUS for a painless RMA). I put everything back together, booted up, and enjoyed a night of hackintoshing. I hit the update button when prompted, and after the update..

BAM. no audio, no Ethernet.

I try multibeast, but if fails no matter what.

I try kextwizard and kextbeast to sideload the latest E1000e kext, and it goes in just fine. Ethernet reports (not connected) though I have link and activity lights on the back panel.

I try the alc887 patch command (same one I used before) which says it worked, but still no output devices.

booting win10 from the other drive, everything works fine.

any help is greatly appreciated.

latest el capitan update broke alc887, E1000e ethernet

hours of googling later, I've learned a little more about the transition to el capitan.
I've ensured I have the correct kexts in /L/E/ and loaded them with kextwiz or kextbeast I don't recall

running the Toledo script, i'm getting the SIP error, but I've added the correct RtVariable keys to my config.plist

they don't do anything though, I confirm they're present and correctly entered, but terminal still reads

csrutil status: SIP enabled.

latest el capitan update broke alc887, E1000e ethernet

aaaaahhhhh snap.

update clover
install kexts
profit

sorry for wasting bytes community
thanks google!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back