Contribute
Register

[Solved] Laptop, Intel 520, UHD, Sierra = Black Screen after boot, but HDMI out works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell XPS 8700
CPU
i7-4970
Graphics
Vega 56
Need help guys!!! After doing a lot of reading, researching, trial and error, I can't get rid of this graphics issue.

Symptoms: Booting with fakeid (0x19168086) and platform id (0x19160000) post DMVT patch, my internal display flashes garble right after the Mac logo progress bar, then the display goes black (appears that the blacklight is off as well). However, the HDMI port works and I can see the desktop from there. In display preferences Mac thinks I have a dual screen setup, yet the internal display does not work. "About This Mac" displays 1526 mb of ram for the graphics card. If I use platform ID (0x19160004), the internal display will work after boot, but displays 7mb of ram for the graphics card.

Installed the following:
1. Tried using the config.plist specific for 520 that rehabman posted. (Note: I was able to get HDMI output, but still not internal display the first time booting up with it, then I installed the backlight kext and can't get the HDMI output to work again. Thus the attached troubleshooting documents is not using the intel 520 config.plist that rehabman posted.)
2. DMVT kext2patch applied to config.plist
3. FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext, Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext was installed in S/L/E

Running: Sierra 10.12.6 on Samsung Spin 9 Notebook w/ UHD touchscreen (touchscreen surprisingly responds to touch!)

Please help, would love to get the internal display working with full acceleration! Thank you all in advance!

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2 MB · Views: 79
Need help guys!!! After doing a lot of reading, researching, trial and error, I can't get rid of this graphics issue.

Symptoms: Booting with fakeid (0x19168086) and platform id (0x19160000) post DMVT patch, my internal display flashes garble right after the Mac logo progress bar, then the display goes black (appears that the blacklight is off as well). However, the HDMI port works and I can see the desktop from there. In display preferences Mac thinks I have a dual screen setup, yet the internal display does not work. "About This Mac" displays 1526 mb of ram for the graphics card. If I use platform ID (0x19160004), the internal display will work after boot, but displays 7mb of ram for the graphics card.

Installed the following:
1. Tried using the config.plist specific for 520 that rehabman posted. (Note: I was able to get HDMI output, but still not internal display the first time booting up with it, then I installed the backlight kext and can't get the HDMI output to work again. Thus the attached troubleshooting documents is not using the intel 520 config.plist that rehabman posted.)
2. DMVT kext2patch applied to config.plist
3. FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext, Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext was installed in S/L/E

Running: Sierra 10.12.6 on Samsung Spin 9 Notebook w/ UHD touchscreen (touchscreen surprisingly responds to touch!)

Please help, would love to get the internal display working with full acceleration! Thank you all in advance!
moved to laptop support

<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x3</string>

should be

<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x67</string>

the only kexts you need in clover/kexts/other should be Fakesmc, VoodooPS2Controller and an ethernet kext

not sure why you are using a desktop SMBIOS?

drivers64UEFI folder is not per guide

<key>IntelGFX</key>
<string>0x19168086</string>

should be

<key>IntelGFX</key>
<string>0x0</string>

<key>Trust</key>
<false/>

should be:
<key>Trust</key>
<true/>

you want to use config.plist from the guide instead

Hi, i have the same problem.
I have Intel 520 on i7-6500U (laptop)
And output works but i have black screen on laptop's display.
Can you help me? Which patches should I apply to the config.plist and which to the dsdt?

Thanks.

Hi, i have the same problem.
I have Intel 520 on i7-6500U (laptop)
And output works but i have black screen on laptop's display.
Can you help me? Which patches should I apply to the config.plist and which to the dsdt?

Thanks.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back