Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm having a problem, I was up and running before and tried to edit my DSDT to allow for HDMI audio over my Sapphire 5770 and I screwed everything up.

So I did a fresh install tonight and now I can't boot. I used iboot + Multibeast. I had some trials and tribulations the first time I installed so I can't exactly remember what I selected in multibeast the first time but I don't think I changed much if anything.

I am using Asus Rampage II Gene
Intel i7 920
Sapphire 5770

I selected...
EasyBeast
System Utilities
evoreboot
fakesmc (it says mandatory but originally I don't think I had this selected when I first installed and was functional)
PCIRootID fix (since i had to type PCIRootUID=1 at the boot screen)

After that I was getting stuck at
Code:
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin:Start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagemnt) timed out

So I went and installed
Chameleon 2.0 rc5 ATI Expiramental
NullCPUPowerManagement

But I'm still stuck at that same spot when I try and boot from the HDD.

Any help?

Re: KP after Install

Boot your system using iBoot and try this again

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2011-03-24 um 07.25.40.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2011-03-24 um 07.25.40.png
    119.9 KB · Views: 231

Do I need to delete anything before I do that? Or will selecting EasyBeast again do that for me?

Ebes1099 said:
Do I need to delete anything before I do that? Or will selecting EasyBeast again do that for me?
Easybeast don't deinstall or remove anything. It just overwrite some thing already installed. Delete the DSDT.aml in /Extra

I did this and when I try and boot from my HD I still get stuck. The last 2 lines in verbose mode are,

Code:
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
AppleTyMCEDriver::start coreVIDPID = 0xffffffff Number of Packages = 1 Number of cpus = 8 memore monitor through MCA

Ok, boot up your system using iBoot. When you get to your desktop, run Finder and delete the whole /Extra folder. Then run Multibeast again and try this. Don't worry about to delete the /Extra folder, when you install Easybeast or User DSDT, Multibeast creates a new /Extra and as long as you're able to boot your system with iBoot, you can correct all mistakes you made.Bildschirmfoto 2011-03-25 um 07.00.29.png

After that try to reboot from your HD. If that not work, reboot again from your HD and type PciRootUID=1

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2011-03-25 um 07.00.29.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2011-03-25 um 07.00.29.png
    90.8 KB · Views: 223

I did this and I get stuck at the same spot as before. Same 2 lines of code as I posted above. I tried it typing PCIRootUID=1.

On another note (maybe related, maybe not) do you know anything about why I have to have my HDD plugged into the JMicron port on my motherboard when I install. It won't work if I have it in any other slot. Last time I installed and I got it working I installed with my HDD in the JMicron port and then moved it to a regular SATA port and everything was working fine. (In BIOS it looks like it tries to force it to IDE when I have it plugged into JMicron port when I'm selecting boot device. I have JMicron set to configure as AHCI in my BIOS).

EDIT: If I try and boot using -v -x PCIRootUID=1 I get stuck also. Last line of code is
Code:
FireWire (OHCI) VendorID 1106 ID 3403 PCI now active, GUID 001e8c0001f78450; max speed s400.

That doesn't seem like it would be the error, the next closest thing that might be the issue is this.
Code:
Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleRTC (error 0xdc008016)
Couldn't alloc class "AppleRTC"

Finally got it working again. I am functional with all my HDD's plugged in and both SL and Win 7 boot without problems. I used the Multibeast settings from the tonymac blog post in my last post here.

Now back to the task I was doing, HDMI Audio on my 5770.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back