1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi

I have a Hackingtosh with ASUS Hero X Maximus motherboard and the latest Mac OS X.
After a crash I cannot login into the Mac as the keyboard (both wired and bluetooth Mac keyboards) are silent on that login screen even though both work on the Clover boot window.

To make matters worse Clover does not show my SuperDuper! backups (both on a USB drive as on an internal SATA drive) even though both have a copy of the boot drives EFI folder.

The boot drive is a filevault drive and the SuperDuper! backups are encrypted APFS drives.

Any ideas on how to make the keyboard work again or enter a password with other means?
Any ideas on how to show the SuperDuper! backup drives in the clover boot menu?

Thanks - Andy Schaefer

Hi

I have a Hackingtosh with ASUS Hero X Maximus motherboard and the latest Mac OS X.
After a crash I cannot login into the Mac as the keyboard (both wired and bluetooth Mac keyboards) are silent on that login screen even though both work on the Clover boot window.

To make matters worse Clover does not show my SuperDuper! backups (both on a USB drive as on an internal SATA drive) even though both have a copy of the boot drives EFI folder.

The boot drive is a filevault drive and the SuperDuper! backups are encrypted APFS drives.

Any ideas on how to make the keyboard work again or enter a password with other means?
Any ideas on how to show the SuperDuper! backup drives in the clover boot menu?

Thanks - Andy Schaefer

I tried several things to get past the login issue but eventually I had to re-install my OS X instance. Now everything is back to normal but it looks like that FileVault is causing the issue by injecting the login screen that prevents me to input the password. For now I will not us FileVault anymore as I cannot afford to have my box down while playing around with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back