Contribute
Register

[Solved] Kernel Panic running Mojave Installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I've searched through the forums, I did find a number of blank screen issues. With a problem that is this widespread, I expect the WhateverGreen team is probably already working on it. I will download and test new WhateverGreen.kext as they become available.

Put in a AREZ Radeon RX550 graphics card. Booted with both onboard vga and the 550 DVI card connected. Boot and clover process' showed on the vga but not the DVI monitor. When Mojave was completely loaded it showed on both the VGA and DVD monitors. Went into the bios and turned off the internal graphics. Disconnected the VGA monitor. Rebooted and the entire process starting with the Gigabyte splash screen through clover and on to the complete Mojave load showed on the DVI monitor. If this system stays stable for the next week or so, I am going to post all the files and settings. (I believe the MSI R7 240 card - $40 with rebate - would work, but the one I tried was defective and had to be returned.)

So the work around is, even for the most basic system, forget the onboard graphics and buy a RX graphics card.

If I'm not mistaken, functionality of XHCI-300-series-injector.kext has been moved into the all-inclusive XHCI-unsupported.kext, which is downloadable from this link. Unzip the file, then open the folder and copy just the one file circled in red (see attached image) to your EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other folder.

Note that this kext supports 300-series chipsets:
Code:
<key>AppleUSBXHCISPT 300</key>
        <dict>
            <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
            <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
            <key>IOClass</key>
            <string>AppleUSBXHCISPT</string>
            <key>IOPCIPauseCompatible</key>
            <true/>
            <key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
            <string>0x9ded8086 0xa36d8086</string>
            <key>IOPCITunnelCompatible</key>
            <true/>
            <key>IOProbeScore</key>
            <integer>900</integer>
            <key>IOProviderClass</key>
            <string>IOPCIDevice</string>
        </dict>
XHCI-unsupported.kext, which is downloadable from this link. Unzip the file, then open the folder and copy just the one file circled in red (see attached image) to your EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other folder.
I just noticed this thread. I have XHCI-unsupported.kext in L/E while the rest of the kexts are in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other. Should XHCI-unsupported.kext be moved to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other?

I just noticed this thread. I have XHCI-unsupported.kext in L/E while the rest of the kexts are in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other. Should XHCI-unsupported.kext be moved to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other?
You can copy it to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other, but keep the one that's in /L/E (don't delete it).

You can copy it to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other, but keep the one that's in /L/E (don't delete it).
Excellent! Do you think that this might be a step in the right direction to a) deal with a correct mapping of USB ports as described in "The New Beginners Guide to USB Port Configuration" and b) dealing with the sleep/crash/restart problems that have occurred in Catalina with the Titan Ridge card?

Should Inject Kexts be set to "Yes" or "Detect"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back