Graphics
Nvidia GTX 980ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
My 10.12.6 Sierra build works 100%, i.e. USB 3.0, USB Audio, Nvidia GTX 980Ti drivers are loaded, iMac 14,2 definition, all good except when the Lilu.kext extension is loaded.
If I don't have that kernel extension loaded, I get 1440p graphics via HDMI working fine but Dock Magnification doesn't work and a number of minor graphics issues (Dashboard, Mission Control etc) don't work. Niggles but no biggie.
All my kext's are loaded in L/E and not under E/C/etc
If I load the Tonymac Multibeast version of Lilu.kext which is 1.2.1 I believe (the same version as Github) into L/E/ I 100% get a kernel panic. If I boot into single user mode, safe mode and remove/rename the lilu.kext to lilu.kext.old, it boots fine. The only fixup I'm using is the Nvidiafixup I believe.
Am I doing anything obviously stupid? I believe my Clover is the current release from TonyMac on the Sierra distribution.
Anything else I could try? I'm at a loss.
Thanks for any thoughts on this.

I've tried that, I downloaded the most recent version off Github instead of the Tonymac listed one and I still get the panic. Is there a newer version of Nvidiafixup that I should also try? If so, where to get that please? Thanks for your help

Hi P1ligrim, that fixed it, the Nvidiafixup seems to be out of sync with the latest Sierra 10.12.6 update and whats in Multibeast, it seems that both Lilu.kext and the Nvidiafixup.kext have to be updated to avoid the kernel panic and for Mission control and dock magnification to work - which they both do perfectly. Thank you!
What is weird though, upon installation of the new kext's, it didn't panic (good) but it didn't magically work either, the Mission control didn't at all. After some work, it started working. I might have forgotten to rebuild the cache, don't know. But it worked. Thanks again.

the Nvidiafixup seems to be out of sync with the latest Sierra 10.12.6 update and whats in Multibeast,
MultiBeast can only include what is current at the time of release.
Any updates post release are available in the Downloads section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back