Contribute
Register

[Solved] Kernel Panic at boot after 2018-001 Security Update and subsequent Nvidia Web Driver update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900KF
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
On my "Hackintosch VII" Kaby lake rig, after the 2018-001 Security Update and subsequent Nvidia Web Driver update, I get a Kernel Panic at boot involving AppleMobileFileIntegrity and corecrypto, as you can see on the attached picture...
WTF?
Thanks for any help!

IMG_0068.JPG

Last edited:
Okay, do I need to reinstall lilu, or is there an updated version that won't cause the panic?

Last edited:
Will this version work with this update? Read somewhere that lilu.kext hasn't been updated yet (as of 4 days ago.)

Okay, do I need to reinstall lilu, or is there an updated version that won't cause the panic?
In my case, it was a conflict between the last NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext and NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext...
The latest releases of the NvidiaGraphicsFixup kext includes the features of the LibValFix one, and that causes a panic at startup.

Last edited:
I had this problem too, but I would like to add to the noobs out there that might be like me; in order to add the proper kexts correctly (Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup) you need to boot your HardDrive via Safe Mode (on clover screen 1. select "Your Panicky" Hard Drive, 2. press spacebar, 3. select safe mode, 4. Hit the Return icon, 5. double click the Hard Drive Icon to boot)
Once your Hard Drive boots, make sure to add kexts via KextBeast... put Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup on the desktop and when prompted select Library/Extensions
This will put the kexts in the proper location... don't do like me and just add them there... in order to have the correct permissions you must use some type of Kext loader... to me, KextBeast worked like a charm... once you load them... I checked to make sure they were actually there by clicking Finder/"MyHardDrive"/Library/Extensions
Once I saw they were there I hit restart and the fix worked...
I couldn't believe I actually fixed this, with the help of the community... It took longer than most because I was not aware of the exact process and had to stumble through numerous mistakes falling all over the place and thinking I was stupid...
Many in the community need to be more specific. One little thing like not knowing to hit the space bar on the clover boot hard drive to select safe mode cost me 5 hours and a big headache.

Good Luck

I had this problem too, but I would like to add to the noobs out there that might be like me; in order to add the proper kexts correctly (Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup) you need to boot your HardDrive via Safe Mode (on clover screen 1. select "Your Panicky" Hard Drive, 2. press spacebar, 3. select safe mode, 4. Hit the Return icon, 5. double click the Hard Drive Icon to boot)
Once your Hard Drive boots, make sure to add kexts via KextBeast... put Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup on the desktop and when prompted select Library/Extensions
This will put the kexts in the proper location... don't do like me and just add them there... in order to have the correct permissions you must use some type of Kext loader... to me, KextBeast worked like a charm... once you load them... I checked to make sure they were actually there by clicking Finder/"MyHardDrive"/Library/Extensions
Once I saw they were there I hit restart and the fix worked...
I couldn't believe I actually fixed this, with the help of the community... It took longer than most because I was not aware of the exact process and had to stumble through numerous mistakes falling all over the place and thinking I was stupid...
Many in the community need to be more specific. One little thing like not knowing to hit the space bar on the clover boot hard drive to select safe mode cost me 5 hours and a big headache.

Good Luck

This is the post that helped me. Thank you so much. The problem being a newbie in all this is that a problem occur every 6 months and i forget everything i learned from the last mistake.

This is the post that helped me. Thank you so much. The problem being a newbie in all this is that a problem occur every 6 months and i forget everything i learned from the last mistake.

Awesome... posting my thoughts was the direct result of the amount of time and mistakes I made; hoping I could help someone else

Thanks a lot to you all for pointing the issue and giving a solution!

Updating Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext worked for me too. Since I could not boot under macOS without Lilu, I've dual booted under Win10, mounted the EFI/Clover partition and replaced the two kexts. This could also have been done with a USB MacOS boot/emergency key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back