Contribute
Register

[Solved] Kernel Panic AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer(10.2.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS VivoMini UN65-M030Z
CPU
i5-6200U
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 520
Good morning,
first time poster on this forum. First thing first, I'm sorry if my english sucks.

I own an ASUS VivoMini UN65-M030Z, as described here: http://icecat.us/en_in/p/asus/un65-m030z/pcs-workstations-UN65-M030Z-30620303.html it has the following specs:
  • i5-6200U
  • Intel Graphics HD 520
  • 4GB RAM
  • UEFI
  • 128 GB M2 SSD
I've downloaded Sierra Version 10.12.6 from Apple Store just yesterday and, through UniBeast 7.1.1 I burnt it into a 32 GB USB drive.

Absolutely no problem during installation. After it, the PC does first boot and I'm able to install Drivers through MultiBeast 9.2.1.
I do install the following drivers:
  • Quick Start
    • UEFI Boot Mode
  • Drivers
    • Audio --> Universal --> VoodooHDA v2.9.0d10
    • Network --> Realtek --> RealtekRTL8111 v2.2.1
  • Bootloader
    • Clover v2.4k r4173 UEFI Boot Mode
  • Customize
    • Grapgics Configuration --> Intel HD 5xx and Intel Graphics Fixup (I've seen this thread which states it could fix that problem)

At this point I reboot the PC and the following loop appears (attachment).

YwyQjEZ

I've tried to reinstall the whole OS without both Intel HD 5xx and Intel Graphics Fixup and just without Intel HD 5xx, nothing has changed.

A few test/research I've done:
  1. read several posts about DVMT parameter like this one but I have no option in the BIOS and I don't know how to tweak the drivers to do so
  2. I'm able to boot only if IntelInject is checked and I write a FakeID different than 0x00000000 (like 0x12345677). If I uncheck InjectIntel nothing changes. If i change the ig-platform-id nothing changes, still SKL loop.

Don't know what else to do, hope you can help me through this.

Attachments

• P_20170908_203237_vHDR_Auto.jpg
    P_20170908_203237_vHDR_Auto.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 495
Last edited:
There is no requirement to host your images / files on third party sites - You may attach them to your posts here.

There is no requirement to host your images / files on third party sites - You may attach them to your posts here.
Thanks, I've attached the image to the post now.

Good morning,
first time poster on this forum. First thing first, I'm sorry if my english sucks.

I own an ASUS VivoMini UN65-M030Z, as described here: http://icecat.us/en_in/p/asus/un65-m030z/pcs-workstations-UN65-M030Z-30620303.html it has the following specs:
  • i5-6200U
  • Intel Graphics HD 520
  • 4GB RAM
  • UEFI
  • 128 GB M2 SSD
I've downloaded Sierra Version 10.12.6 from Apple Store just yesterday and, through UniBeast 7.1.1 I burnt it into a 32 GB USB drive.

Absolutely no problem during installation. After it, the PC does first boot and I'm able to install Drivers through MultiBeast 9.2.1.
I do install the following drivers:
  • Quick Start
    • UEFI Boot Mode
  • Drivers
    • Audio --> Universal --> VoodooHDA v2.9.0d10
    • Network --> Realtek --> RealtekRTL8111 v2.2.1
  • Bootloader
    • Clover v2.4k r4173 UEFI Boot Mode
  • Customize
    • Grapgics Configuration --> Intel HD 5xx and Intel Graphics Fixup (I've seen this thread which states it could fix that problem)

At this point I reboot the PC and the following loop appears (attachment).

YwyQjEZ

I've tried to reinstall the whole OS without both Intel HD 5xx and Intel Graphics Fixup and just without Intel HD 5xx, nothing has changed.

A few test/research I've done:
  1. read several posts about DVMT parameter like this one but I have no option in the BIOS and I don't know how to tweak the drivers to do so
  2. I'm able to boot only if IntelInject is checked and I write a FakeID different than 0x00000000 (like 0x12345677). If I uncheck InjectIntel nothing changes. If i change the ig-platform-id nothing changes, still SKL loop.

Don't know what else to do, hope you can help me through this.

Probably DVMT-prealloc is set incorrectly.
Set to 64mb or 128mb.

Hi,
no option in bios unfortunately. However i found this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...lensize-patch-with-32mb-dvmt-prealloc.221506/

My only question is, to edit the kext, what should I use? vi seems not to be able to edit those files.

Thank you very much for your help

If you can't set DVMT-prealloc, then yes, you can use the 32mb patch.
Pretty rare for a desktop to not be able to set the prealloc config though.
config.plist is text, but you should use a plist editor such as Xcode or PlistEdit Pro.

If you can't set DVMT-prealloc, then yes, you can use the 32mb patch.
Pretty rare for a desktop to not be able to set the prealloc config though.
config.plist is text, but you should use a plist editor such as Xcode or PlistEdit Pro.
Hey,
after a bit of work i've managed to update my BIOS to the latest version and now, without any modification (except the installation of the fix through multibeast) the graphics card is working correctly and no more loop on boot.
Of course now the ethernet card is not being reconized.
Any suggestion on how to retreive the correct ethernet device? On a different PC (which is the same model, VivoMini UN65) I used lshw -short to get that info. Is there a way to do the same from OSX terminal?

When I first boot the Hackintosh, the network was working, which driver was it using?

Hey,
after a bit of work i've managed to update my BIOS to the latest version and now, without any modification (except the installation of the fix through multibeast) the graphics card is working correctly and no more loop on boot.
Of course now the ethernet card is not being reconized.
Any suggestion on how to retreive the correct ethernet device? On a different PC (which is the same model, VivoMini UN65) I used lshw -short to get that info. Is there a way to do the same from OSX terminal?

When I first boot the Hackintosh, the network was working, which driver was it using?
Don't know what was the real things here but it seems that, uninstalling VodooHDA.kext, installing a different realtek driver and rebuilding cache fixed it all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back