Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS X79 Rampage IV Extreme
CPU
i7 3930k
Graphics
ASUS GeForce GTX 680 2GB
Hi Guys, looks like I messed up bad. I had stable 10.7.3 mac mini. Just put gtx 570HD into it. It was running fine but really slow So after reading about installing drivers, cuda, kext I changed my model to iMac 12.2 through multibeast, still graphic was running slow. I don't know what was I thinking but I run chameleon wizard and changed to mac pro 5.1 in order to install nvidia drivers, also through kext utility I installed kext for my gpu. restarted and panic!!! I don't know which one caused it but:

Is there any way to change model name ?

This worked
- boot in single user mode (parameter "-s")
- "mount -uw /" (enable write on root)
- "sudo nano /Extra/smbios.plist"
- find string 5,1 and replace by 3,1
- "ctrl-x" to save and exit
- "reboot"

post can be deleted

mcoufi said:
Hi Guys, looks like I messed up bad. I had stable 10.7.3 mac mini. Just put gtx 570HD into it. It was running fine but really slow So after reading about installing drivers, cuda, kext I changed my model to iMac 12.2 through multibeast, still graphic was running slow. I don't know what was I thinking but I run chameleon wizard and changed to mac pro 5.1 in order to install nvidia drivers, also through kext utility I installed kext for my gpu. restarted and panic!!! I don't know which one caused it but:

Is there any way to change model name ?

This worked
- boot in single user mode (parameter "-s")
- "mount -uw /" (enable write on root)
- "sudo nano /Extra/smbios.plist"
- find string 5,1 and replace by 3,1
- "ctrl-x" to save and exit
- "reboot"

post can be deleted

Just tried 5,1 (not sure why) and ran into kernel panic. Thanks for the directions (above). Went in and changed def back to iMac 12,1. Back to a happy Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back