Contribute
Register

[solved] [Kaby Lake] Lenovo Y520: Slow MacOS after sleep/wake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, perhaps you could remove AMD related code (it was added by the modded fork that you used as your base). This will clean the code furthermore.

Yeah, I would do that and a few other things, especially if I was to upload a pre-built.

It was not difficult to automatically detect the last CPU and attach only to that node.
Work is here: https://github.com/RehabMan/VoodooTSCSync
(I did a bit of cleanup to the code as well)

No built binary on bitbucket, but I suppose I could do that if there was demand for it.
Perhaps you can test to see if it still does what you need... (I have no hardware that needs VoodooTSCSync).

Great Work @RehabMan

This thread can be marked as 'solved' however I have one minor issue (copied from post#7):
Keyboard Numpad is not working instead numpad keys are treated as extended or Mac specific keys. I have 2 set of brightness keys now. The ACPI keys and numpad 4/- for brightness +/-.

Great Work @RehabMan

This thread can be marked as 'solved'

Marked solved.

however I have one minor issue (copied from post#7):
Keyboard Numpad is not working instead numpad keys are treated as extended or Mac specific keys. I have 2 set of brightness keys now. The ACPI keys and numpad 4/- for brightness +/-.

Probably best you open a separate thread, but you can change any key mapping in my VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext via ACPI.

Probably best you open a separate thread, but you can change any key mapping in my VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext via ACPI.

This could be a very basic configuration issue. Num Lock key is not working. In Num Lock off state (default and only state so far), numpad keys are Mac special keys (do not exactly know what they are).

Is there a way to turn numlock on and off using your kext (@RehabMan)

This could be a very basic configuration issue. Num Lock key is not working. In Num Lock off state (default and only state so far), numpad keys are Mac special keys (do not exactly know what they are).

Is there a way to turn numlock on and off using your kext (@RehabMan)

Ok, your post was not clear.

macOS does not support numLock directly. For that you need Karabiner.

Yeah, I would do that and a few other things, especially if I was to upload a pre-built.
Your kext works well. I can see VoodooTSCSync automatically attached to last CPU. I think it is okay to push a pre-built binary now.

Thanks a lot!

Ok, your post was not clear.

macOS does not support numLock directly. For that you need Karabiner.

I tested keymap in Karabiner. Numlock key is recognized as is by karabiner (and possibly macOS), however, it does not do anything (like you stated macOS does not support it).
I have had the notion that numlock key is the feature of the keyboard, meaning, change of scan codes for numpad keys depending on numlock status since in all my previous builds the numpad keys worked as expected. Seems like it is different with my Lenovo laptop's keyboard.

Doing further research and will post my findings.

@the-braveknight
Did you experience any such behaviour with the lenovo keyboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back