RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I cannot sync my iPhone with iTunes as it always fails with a message like "cannot sync, sync process cannot be started".
Also I noticed that the iSync app cannot be started manually.

Strange though that on the same machine/system (regardless whether it´s booted as 10.6.7 or 10.6.8) other users can start iSync and also sync the iPhone with iTunes.
No matter if as admin or just as normal user.

I already deleted these folders: user/me/Library/Application Support/SyncService and .../SyncServices, but that did not help.

Has anybody out there another idea which folder/preference/whatever could cause this problem?

THX in advance!

PS: Just to emphasize: It´s not an USB or networking issue. When I log out and back in as different user, iSync and iTunes synchronisation work just fine :?

Re: iTunes and iSync problem

A little progress, but not yet a solution:

Google found this page:
http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1627

But as mobileMe is closed this did not work without modification:

Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard

1. If you see this Sync menu () in your menu bar skip to step 2.
---- If you do not see the Sync menu (), you need to enable Sync status in System Preferences:
---- 1. From the Apple (?) menu, choose System Preferences.
---- 2. From the View menu, choose MobileMe.
---- 3. Click the Sync tab.

(Here you might not see a sync tab yet. Just fill out the mobileMe application as if you would like to register. This will end in a failure message. But when you do the steps above again (don´t know if a restart or re log in was necessary - try) it should behave as described.)

4. Select the option "Show Sync status in menu bar."

2. Hold the Option key on your keyboard, then click the Sync icon in the menu bar (if you see the Sync menu extra but you are unable to open it, skip to step 5).
3. Choose Reset Sync Services.
4. Click Reset Sync History.
5. Test for the original issue.

If the issue persists, or if you are unable to open the Sync menu, follow these steps:

6. In the Finder, choose Utilities from the Go menu.
7. Open Terminal.
8. In the Terminal window, type or paste the following command on a single line:
/System/Library/Frameworks/SyncServices.framework/Versions/A/Resources/resetsync.pl reset

9. Press Return.
10. When the operation is complete, quit Terminal.

Well, at least I´ve got the sync menu visible now, but iPhone sync still fails with the know failure message "sync-manager not available"...

Re: iTunes and iSync problem

Found a solution for my specific issue here:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=835934

For me it was sufficient simply to delete

Users/myUser/Library/Preferences/com.apple.syncserver.plist

iTunes syncs fine with my iGadgets again :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back