Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Is This A Good Build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Is This A Good Build?

:clap: :thumbup: Way to go on finding the answer yourself. Yup. I didn't see your question until just now or I would have helped you out sooner. Good luck.

Thanks

I have the GA-Z77X-UD5H and a SandyBridge CPU and it works perfect
(Except USB 3.0)

This is exactly what i've been thinking of doing... sandy cpu with an ivy mobo. Let us know how the build turns out!

I have the GA-Z77X-UD5H and a SandyBridge CPU and it works perfect
(Except USB 3.0)

Thanks. When I went there today Micro Center had a deal that if you bought a CPU and Motherboard you got $50 off the motherboard, so I got the Z77-DS3H instead because it would only be $60.

This is exactly what i've been thinking of doing... sandy cpu with an ivy mobo. Let us know how the build turns out!

I sure will. As soon as I'm done building I'll try to post the build for you

Jamesbond007 said:
kduvernay said:
Why use a SB cpu with an IB board?

There's nothing wrong with that. In fact at present it is easier to use a Sandy Bridge CPU as it is compatible with Snow Leopard and Lion. With Ivy Bridge you need BridgeHelper since Lion does not natively support Ivy Bridge yet.

How complicated is it really to go with a IB CPU? Im just about to build myself a hack and thinking of the GA Z77-UD5H and i7 3770k. I guess I can still use Snow leopard or Lion with IB?

Whats the difference between UD5H and DS3H? Are both as "ready to go" compatible?

Thanks a lot!

osar said:
Jamesbond007 said:
kduvernay said:
Why use a SB cpu with an IB board?

There's nothing wrong with that. In fact at present it is easier to use a Sandy Bridge CPU as it is compatible with Snow Leopard and Lion. With Ivy Bridge you need BridgeHelper since Lion does not natively support Ivy Bridge yet.

How complicated is it really to go with a IB CPU? Im just about to build myself a hack and thinking of the GA Z77-UD5H and i7 3770k. I guess I can still use Snow leopard or Lion with IB?

Whats the difference between UD5H and DS3H? Are both as "ready to go" compatible?

Thanks a lot!

well, I can see that I will be able to install Lion with IB cpu (viewtopic.php?f=22&t=59052), but is it worth the extra job with BridgeHelper? is it tricky?

thanks!

Thanks a lot!

Well, the thing is Ivy Bridge isn't natively supported on OSX, therefore you won't have as much stability because you have to mod your system in order to take use of it's speeds and such. Correct me if I'm wrong

The difference between the UD5H and DS3H is nothing really with performance, the UD5H just has slightly higher build quality and ect. So, in a nutshell, the DS3H is just what you need and the UD5H is all the bells and whistles

osar said:

Thanks a lot!

You can't run Snow Leopard if you use an Ivy Bridge CPU since Snow Leopard only has support up to Sandy Bridge (and Sandy Bridge support requires the latest 10.6.8 update).

You can only run Lion, and then only with the help of BridgeHelper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back