Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Is there a way to incorporate this along with W7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS P5G41-M LX2/GB
CPU
C2D E8500
Graphics
gtx285 1GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've currently got Windows 7 on this machine. I have no problem buying a separate HDD and installing SL onto that. I'd like to have it setup so that when I boot, I can choose which system I want to boot into. I have a topic created in the 'Buying Advice' section but that was more for checking my components. I did get a response on creating 2 partitions on the new drive for both SL and W7 but I'd like to keep them both on separate drives if possible.

Is there a way to do this? I'm planning to go buy a new HDD and installing SL on it later today, then I need a way to get a menu setup so I can then choose to boot SL on Disk 1 or W7 on Disk 2.

Hopefully this is in the right section... plz move it obviously if it's not. Cheers

Re: Is there a way to incorporate this along with W7 x64?

Moved to correct forum, Installation Support.

Kadin said:
I've currently got Windows 7 on this machine. I have no problem buying a separate HDD and installing SL onto that. I'd like to have it setup so that when I boot, I can choose which system I want to boot into. I have a topic created in the 'Buying Advice' section but that was more for checking my components. I did get a response on creating 2 partitions on the new drive for both SL and W7 but I'd like to keep them both on separate drives if possible.

Is there a way to do this? I'm planning to go buy a new HDD and installing SL on it later today, then I need a way to get a menu setup so I can then choose to boot SL on Disk 1 or W7 on Disk 2.

Hopefully this is in the right section... plz move it obviously if it's not. Cheers

You can easily have two hard drive one with Snow Leopard and one with Windows 7.

Simply connect the drive for Snow Leopard to the SATA0 port. This is the most important step because of the boot loader. Also, be sure to disconnect the Windows 7 hard drive when your installing OS X. After OS X has been installed power off your rig, then you can reconnect your windows 7 drive.

Well... it went without a single hitch. The only thing that's a slight issue is a couple times my screen won't show, it will be all blue. A reboot fixes it. But to my original question, with MB I just selected the option for Chameleon to quick boot and now I have my 2 OS's to choose from. I can't believe how easy this process was with this older machine... I'm amazed. Thanks for all the help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back