Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] IOKit Daemon (kernelmanagerd) stall[0], (240s): 'PXSX'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another follow up update.
1. Reset USB ports, and restore everything back to original, By cleaning up all ports, and re-injecting all ports in Hackintool;

2. Re-apply USBinjectall.kext, and also the default SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml from Opencore without any customization;

3. Re-take snapshot of opencore folder;

4. Reboot;

5. BT is back...

Hi Guys, im tryin install with Clover, and im get same issue. Its possible fix with Clover5127? Works fine with my Lenovo with Catalina, but is long long boot to BigSur. Please, im need your help.

Ok, I found the issue. After booting into Big Sur I found a second PXSX property in IORegistryExplorer. Which was related to the Broadcom Wi-Fi card. And Wi-Fi was something that I hadn't got working under Big Sur, even if I added brcmfx-driver=2 as a boot argument. After I disabled all AirportBrcmFixup kexts and rebooted the issue went away. Then I remembered that I've read somewhere that one kext has to be disabled under Big Sur. And yeah, AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext needs to be removed (see bottom of this page: https://github.com/acidanthera/AirportBrcmFixup). I disabled the kext and re-enabled AirportBrcmFixup and now the computer boots normally, with working Wi-Fi.
Thank you nightbird - you're not so blind, after all .. ;)

Do you (or anyone else) know if there is a way in Clover to block a kext from loading via an entry in config.plist? That would be easier with future kext updates, wouldn't it, rather than having to remember to remove a plugin kext.

[EDIT] I filed a request to the Clover devs - you're invited to upvote: [NEEDED] Blocking kexts from Injection using config.plist to prevent macOS from not booting #350

and I share with you my little custom kexts removal script, see attachment :)

Attachments

• remove problematic kexts after update.zip
    11.2 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Ok, I found the issue. After booting into Big Sur I found a second PXSX property in IORegistryExplorer. Which was related to the Broadcom Wi-Fi card. And Wi-Fi was something that I hadn't got working under Big Sur, even if I added brcmfx-driver=2 as a boot argument. After I disabled all AirportBrcmFixup kexts and rebooted the issue went away. Then I remembered that I've read somewhere that one kext has to be disabled under Big Sur. And yeah, AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext needs to be removed (see bottom of this page: https://github.com/acidanthera/AirportBrcmFixup). I disabled the kext and re-enabled AirportBrcmFixup and now the computer boots normally, with working Wi-Fi.
Awesome, this did help me fix the issue.
but I have to fully remove the AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext in order to fix the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back