Contribute
Register

[solved] Intel HD Graphics 620 occasional weird behaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea about glitches.
For why I'm not using 0x591b0000 because it usually caused HDMI issue for my laptop.
(KP when plug HDMI cable.)

Perhaps you can try other. Like 0x591e0000.
Yes, I also get KP when plug HDMI with 591b, and it didn't solve my problem, 591e also didn't.

As per guide, ACPI must be re-extracted/re-patched after any BIOS change, BIOS update, or hardware change.
Done, re-patched acpi, still have the same problem.

Are there more platform ids I could test?

New PR files attached here.

Attachments

• debug_20612.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 52
Yes, I also get KP when plug HDMI with 591b, and it didn't solve my problem, 591e also didn't.
The KP was because I forgot to enable the 0x591b0000 connector patch(while using 0x59160000 or 0x591e0000 I don't get KP without patch, just don't get HDMI audio).

Make sure you implement HDMI audio correctly:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...o-sandy-ivy-haswell-broadwell-skylake.189495/

Keep in mind you may need to change the delay (typically, 09 -> 12).

What I noticed is that when I plug in HDMI cable, the connector type on AppleIntelFramebuffer@1(which is my HDMI connector) changes from <00 08 00 00> back to <00 04 00 00> until reboot. HDMI audio continues to works flawlessly though, even if I disconnect and connect cable again.

About the delay, to be honest I didn't understood that part very well and I didn't found no (12) variant as mentioned in the guide. Do you confirm my idea that since I'm not getting KP with the right patch I shouldn't need it?

The KP was because I forgot to enable the 0x591b0000 connector patch(while using 0x59160000 or 0x591e0000 I don't get KP without patch, just don't get HDMI audio).

Improperly implemented HDMI audio is a common cause of KP when plugging an HDMI device.

About the delay, to be honest I didn't understood that part very well and I didn't found no (12) variant as mentioned in the guide. Do you confirm my idea that since I'm not getting KP with the right patch I shouldn't need it?

No need to patch the delay if your system works without patching.

Improperly implemented HDMI audio is a common cause of KP when plugging an HDMI device.

No need to patch the delay if your system works without patching.
I was little annoying about this problem.

I was using 0x591b0000 before, and it works normal.
But it will easily got KP when plug HDMI cable after OS X update / re-install.
Now I can get back to use 0x591b0000 right now, and tested plug TV buy HDMI cable.
All things work included HDMI audio. But Idk it will crash again if I going to update to Mojave in the future.

@RehabMan any ideas?

Attachments

• debug_26024.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 53
I was little annoying about this problem.

I was using 0x591b0000 before, and it works normal.
But it will easily got KP when plug HDMI cable after OS X update / re-install.
Now I can get back to use 0x591b0000 right now, and tested plug TV buy HDMI cable.
All things work included HDMI audio. But Idk it will crash again if I going to update to Mojave in the future.

@RehabMan any ideas?

No clear statement of the problem you're trying to solve.

No clear statement of the problem you're trying to solve.
I know...and I trying to clearing that, too.
Unfortunately it still fine after change 0x5916 to 0x591b right now.
I'll try again when Mojave release officially, thanks!

Update:
I updated to Mojave and it seems like the problem(glitchy graphics in some applications) is gone. Also seems like graphics are working better now(for example better fps in gaming test).
Also, now I'm using 591b along with WhateverGreen, seems to be working flawlessly, I'll mark this as solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back