Graphics
Intel HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I tried to post in the Kaby Lake thread in the General Hardware forum but didn't realize that was for the 200 motherboards and I have a Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI (flashed BIOS to version 20) with an Intel i5-7500. I am trying to use the integrated GPU, HD 630. This is my first Hackintosh and this seems to be my only issue thus far. I have spent a considerable amount of time scouring this great site and trying to fix the issue to no avail.

In looking at the System Profiler, I am led to believe my kext installs are not working, but I have tried everything I can find and can't figure out what I am doing wrong. I have both FakePCIID.kext & FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext installed at both S/L/E and L/E. I have repaired permissions and all seems to be correct. I have used KextBeast, KCPM Utility Pro, and Terminal (sudo cp -R KextToInstall.kext /Library/Extensions). I have DVMT-prealloc at 256 MB.

I am attaching my EFI file, ioreg, and screenshot from System Profiler in hopes someone can help.

Attachments

• adog hack.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 179
I tried to post in the Kaby Lake thread in the General Hardware forum but didn't realize that was for the 200 motherboards and I have a Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI (flashed BIOS to version 20) with an Intel i5-7500. I am trying to use the integrated GPU, HD 630. This is my first Hackintosh and this seems to be my only issue thus far. I have spent a considerable amount of time scouring this great site and trying to fix the issue to no avail.

In looking at the System Profiler, I am led to believe my kext installs are not working, but I have tried everything I can find and can't figure out what I am doing wrong. I have both FakePCIID.kext & FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext installed at both S/L/E and L/E. I have repaired permissions and all seems to be correct. I have used KextBeast, KCPM Utility Pro, and Terminal (sudo cp -R KextToInstall.kext /Library/Extensions). I have DVMT-prealloc at 256 MB.

I am attaching my EFI file, ioreg, and screenshot from System Profiler in hopes someone can help.

Your setting at config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id is not correct. 0x19168086 is not a valid ig-platform-id. As you have discovered, using an invalid ig-platform-id is very effective in disabling the graphics drivers.

Thank you RehabMan. I have changed ig-platform-id to 0x19160000, but I find I still experience the same issue. Is having ig-platform-id in both /Device/AddProperties and /Graphics redundant. I tried removing it from /Device/AddProperties and it made no perceptible change as Ioreg still includes AAPL,ig-platform-id.

I also currently have DVMT-prealloc set to 128 MB. Is this variable per the motherboard or chip that I should be trying other combinations?

Attachments

• adog hack v2.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 109
Thank you RehabMan. I have changed ig-platform-id to 0x19160000, but I find I still experience the same issue. Is having ig-platform-id in both /Device/AddProperties and /Graphics redundant. I tried removing it from /Device/AddProperties and it made no perceptible change as Ioreg still includes AAPL,ig-platform-id.

I also currently have DVMT-prealloc set to 128 MB. Is this variable per the motherboard or chip that I should be trying other combinations?

No ioreg attached.

After trying to read more on the topic. I have ig-platform-id set to 0x19120000. This has still not provided QE/CI. I appreciate any help RehabMan as I am fearful I am unable to figure this out.

Attachments

• adog hack v3.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 93
After trying to read more on the topic. I have ig-platform-id set to 0x19120000. This has still not provided QE/CI. I appreciate any help RehabMan as I am fearful I am unable to figure this out.

I think you deleted the required graphics kexts... or have corrupted them in some way.

Last edited:
I think you deleted the required graphics kexts... or have corrupted them in some way.
They existed at both /S/L/E and /L/E. I removed all 4, re-downloaded from BitHub, and reinstalled to /S/L/E only via Kext Utility and it did not improve. I then removed them from /S/L/E and installed them only at /L/E via KCPM Utility Pro and still no improvement. I have attached my ioreg and Config again for reference. If this seems hopeless I may purchase a video card in hopes of making it work to provide QE/CI.

When running sudo kextcache -i / , I receive the following:
Code:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext USBInjectAll.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext realtekALC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelMausiEthernet.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67013 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA3B for kext AppleMobileDevice.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67054 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA12 for kext AppleHDA.kext
KernelCache ID: 2727057374055CE9C38E2991658AC4D6
symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>

Attachments

• adog hack v4.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 79
They existed at both /S/L/E and /L/E. I removed all 4, re-downloaded from BitHub, and reinstalled to /S/L/E only via Kext Utility and it did not improve. I then removed them from /S/L/E and installed them only at /L/E via KCPM Utility Pro and still no improvement. I have attached my ioreg and Config again for reference. If this seems hopeless I may purchase a video card in hopes of making it work to provide QE/CI.

When running sudo kextcache -i / , I receive the following:
Code:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext USBInjectAll.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext realtekALC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelMausiEthernet.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67013 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA3B for kext AppleMobileDevice.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67054 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA12 for kext AppleHDA.kext
KernelCache ID: 2727057374055CE9C38E2991658AC4D6
symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>

Use ig-platform-id 0x19160000 or 0x19160002.
Run the macOS installer to insure your graphics kexts are still there...

I have tried using 0x19160000 and 0x19160002 and neither provided QE/CI. I don't know if it will help, but I have included my boot log as well. In trying to troubleshoot this, I believe the FakePCIID kexts are being injected, but it appears it is somehow still looking to 59128086 (HD 630).

Run the macOS installer to insure your graphics kexts are still there
I have run the installer, but it stops at the point when I click continue, and states, "To download and restore macOS, your computer's eligibility will be verified with Apple." Should I be booting from my USB stick containing the installer to reinstall the graphics kexts?

Attachments

• adog hack v5.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 126
I have tried using 0x19160000 and 0x19160002 and neither provided QE/CI. I don't know if it will help, but I have included my boot log as well. In trying to troubleshoot this, I believe the FakePCIID kexts are being injected, but it appears it is somehow still looking to 59128086 (HD 630).

All kexts you need should be installed to the system volume.
Kext injection is only for the installer and recovery partitions.

Should I be booting from my USB stick containing the installer to reinstall the graphics kexts?

Yes, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back