Contribute
Register

[solved] Intel HD 4600 Lag Login Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Micro-Star International Co. Ltd. MS-16GF (CLOVER UEFI)
CPU
i5 4210H
Graphics
HD 4600 + GTX 850M @ 1920x1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello There..

I've just upgraded from High Sierra to Mojave using Direct Method from Apple Store,
Everything is worked properly.. Even my HDMI problem on High Sierra before got fixed as well..

But i've found some issue with my Hackintosh here..

I got a lag for about 10 second every i meet these condition :

1. Login screen after booting, i got a lag on mouse movement for an about 10 sec untill my mouse movement become smooth, and it turns out that if i put my HDMI plugged, when the mouse lag, the hdmi is also not detected, but then after an about 10 seconds, then the HDMI display works properly.. together with my mouse works smoothly
2. After screen sleep, it also giving me a lag in a few seconds untill my screen works normally

Below are my debug information and my config.plist.
Hopefully someone can help me fix this issue..

Attachments

• debug_17074.zip
    9.1 MB · Views: 88
  • config.plist
    16.9 KB · Views: 149
  • debug_17074.zip
    9.1 MB · Views: 66
Hello There..

I've just upgraded from High Sierra to Mojave using Direct Method from Apple Store,
Everything is worked properly.. Even my HDMI problem on High Sierra before got fixed as well..

But i've found some issue with my Hackintosh here..

I got a lag for about 10 second every i meet these condition :

1. Login screen after booting, i got a lag on mouse movement for an about 10 sec untill my mouse movement become smooth, and it turns out that if i put my HDMI plugged, when the mouse lag, the hdmi is also not detected, but then after an about 10 seconds, then the HDMI display works properly.. together with my mouse works smoothly
2. After screen sleep, it also giving me a lag in a few seconds untill my screen works normally

Below are my debug information and my config.plist.
Hopefully someone can help me fix this issue..

Eliminate unused connectors from the framebuffer.
You can use WhateverGreen properties for this kind of framebuffer patching.

For an example, you can look at my Lenovo u430 repo on github.

Hi @RehabMan

As you can see on my config.plist i already remove anything other than con3 by commenting it..
But the problem still remains..

Any other clue ? And yes, i'm using WhateverGreen..

Hi @RehabMan

As you can see on my config.plist i already remove anything other than con3 by commenting it..
But the problem still remains..

Any other clue ? And yes, i'm using WhateverGreen..

Your ioreg shows 4 connectors active:
@0 is LVDS (your laptop display connector)
Then you have @1, @2, ,and @3 external connectors.
Unless your laptop has 3 external connectors (DP/HDMI/VGA), it is one or two too many...
Likely your laptop has only an HDMI connector, which means two of those should be disabled.

Hi @RehabMan

I try to put '#' ( without quote ) on the Devices > PCI0x02 > Properties to disable it.. i only need framebuffer-con3
So what i did is.. put # before framebuffer-con2-enable.. and framebuffer-con1-enable

So its like
framebuffer-con2-enable 1
to
#framebuffer-con2-enable 1

Am i did it correctly ?
Could you please take a look at my config.plist and maybe help me disable other than con3 if maybe i'm doing it wrong..

Also i notice that displaypolicyd eat 60% cpu when the lag happens..

Hi @RehabMan

I try to put '#' ( without quote ) on the Devices > PCI0x02 > Properties to disable it.. i only need framebuffer-con3
So what i did is.. put # before framebuffer-con2-enable.. and framebuffer-con1-enable

So its like
framebuffer-con2-enable 1
to
#framebuffer-con2-enable 1

Am i did it correctly ?
Could you please take a look at my config.plist and maybe help me disable other than con3 if maybe i'm doing it wrong..

Also i notice that displaypolicyd eat 60% cpu when the lag happens..

In order to disable connectors, you must *enable*/*add* the appropriate patches.

In order to disable connectors, you must *enable*/*add* the appropriate patches.
Hi RehabMan, could you please advise me how to do that ?
How to disable connector 1 and 2

The DSDT Repo ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back