Contribute
Register

[solved] Intel HD 4600 HDMI - screen fuzzy when plugged in or off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must use a valid ig-platform-id.
You could patch 0x0a260006 for 64mb.

Could you elaborate on how to do that?

You applied "USB _PRW 0x6d..." but your native files use 0x0d. It is a big mistake.
Suggestion: keep better notes on the patches you apply. And pay attention to the "Preview" window when applying patches to insure the changes the patches are making are sensible.

I thought as long as when compiled did not give me an error, its still okay to use that patched DSDT haha. Because out of those warnings, almost all of them are 'method X may not return a value', so I just ignored it (?).

Could you elaborate on how to do that?

Refer to my guide plists for examples.

I thought as long as when compiled did not give me an error, its still okay to use that patched DSDT haha. Because out of those warnings, almost all of them are 'method X may not return a value', so I just ignored it (?).

Just because code compiles does not make it correct.

Yes. Those are the plists linked from my guide.

In your config.plist, there is only 96MB and 128MB patch, which data should I change to make it into 64MB?

In your config.plist, there is only 96MB and 128MB patch, which data should I change to make it into 64MB?

Look at the data in the patch carefully.

Hint: 64mb is half of 128mb.

Look at the data in the patch carefully.

Hint: 64mb is half of 128mb.

How about the find value? still same?

What about the ig-platform-id?

How about the find value? still same?

Find is native data, therefore only dependent on data in the vanilla kext (so may change depending on version of macOS/OS X).
Look in a hex editor and you'll see.

What about the ig-platform-id?

Well, it would remain the same... you're patching the data associated with a particular ig-platform-id.
To use the patched data that you're changing, you must stick with the same ig-platform-id.
Because switching to a different id would mean the kext is not using the data you changed.

Find is native data, therefore only dependent on data in the vanilla kext (so may change depending on version of macOS/OS X).
Look in a hex editor and you'll see.

Well, it would remain the same... you're patching the data associated with a particular ig-platform-id.
To use the patched data that you're changing, you must stick with the same ig-platform-id.
Because switching to a different id would mean the kext is not using the data you changed.

So, that means I only need to change the last digit in Find to 2 and Replace to 4, since current DVMT is 32mb right?

So, that means I only need to change the last digit in Find to 2 and Replace to 4, since current DVMT is 32mb right?

You should not be changing Find. As I already wrote, Find operates on native data in the vanilla kext.

And you said your DVMT-prealloc was 64mb. Did you now change it to 32mb? If so, no patch needed as 0xa260006 assumes 32mb by default.

Keep in mind cursor bytes and framebuffer size must fit within the BIOS size (DVMT-prealloc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back