[Solved] Intel Graphics issue with Z87X-UD3H on Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H
CPU
i5-4670
Graphics
Intel > Need model name/number > See Forum Rules!
Mac
  1. iMac
Hello all,
I recently did an upgrade from Mountain Lion to Sierra and after a few hiccups I was able to make it work great. However, every time I click on the Applications Icon in the Dock the window opens up kind of chopped up. I can't update iMovie either because my graphics apparently is not recognized.

Under System Report > Graphics under Kext says Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded.

I downloaded and tried the NVIDIA but no luck at all. I'm connected via DVI and it was working great with ML but now on Sierra is the only issue I've had.

Any suggestions without having to install an external graphics card?

Hello all,
I recently did an upgrade from Mountain Lion to Sierra and after a few hiccups I was able to make it work great. However, every time I click on the Applications Icon in the Dock the window opens up kind of chopped up. I can't update iMovie either because my graphics apparently is not recognized.

Under System Report > Graphics under Kext says Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded.

I downloaded and tried the NVIDIA but no luck at all. I'm connected via DVI and it was working great with ML but now on Sierra is the only issue I've had.

Any suggestions without having to install an external graphics card?

Attach Problem Reporting Files. Nvidia Drivers are not needed as your using onboard IGPU HD 4600.

Post ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Also, press F4 at the main Clover screen, then compress and attach the EFI/CLOVER folder in use. And please, in order to reduce the size, omit EFI/Clover/themes.

Here it is VioletDragon, the Clover folder compressed as requested and the ioreg. Thx for the help!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 70
  • ioreg Z87X-UD3H.zip
    505.5 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Attach Problem Reporting Files. Nvidia Drivers are not needed as your using onboard IGPU HD 4600.

I have attached it above, let me know if you find any issues. Thx again, cheers!

SOLVED
Thanks to a post by RehabMan https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-hd4200-hd4400-hd4600-hd5600-on-10-11.175797/

I followed step by step the process for my Intel HD Graphics 4600 and downloaded the FakePCIID and placed only 2 kexts in the System>Library>Extensions folder. Then I went to Clover Configurator to edit the config.plist file with Inject Intel and igx fake ID. Reboot the system and voila.. Graphics is now properly recognized by Sierra and no more flickering or slow graphics and video.

Thanks to VioletDragon as well for helping me look into this a bit further.

Here it is VioletDragon, the Clover folder compressed as requested and the ioreg. Thx for the help!

I have attached it above, let me know if you find any issues. Thx again, cheers!

SOLVED
Thanks to a post by RehabMan https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-hd4200-hd4400-hd4600-hd5600-on-10-11.175797/

I followed step by step the process for my Intel HD Graphics 4600 and downloaded the FakePCIID and placed only 2 kexts in the System>Library>Extensions folder. Then I went to Clover Configurator to edit the config.plist file with Inject Intel and igx fake ID. Reboot the system and voila.. Graphics is now properly recognized by Sierra and no more flickering or slow graphics and video.

Thanks to VioletDragon as well for helping me look into this a bit further.

IGPU isn't implemented correctly.
Neither is Native Powermanagement.
IGPU is showing under GFX0 which is incorrect.
X86PlatformPlugin isn't loaded.
Theres no MEI Controller. Without IMEI Device Intel HD Graphics wont work in macOS.

IGPU isn't implemented correctly.
Neither is Native Powermanagement.
IGPU is showing under GFX0 which is incorrect.
X86PlatformPlugin isn't loaded.
Theres no MEI Controller. Without IMEI Device Intel HD Graphics wont work in macOS.

can you recommend the appropriate settings according to what you mentioned in your post?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back