Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. LC
  4. Performa
  5. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I recently updated a friend's PC (that was still using 10.12) to 10.12.6. Its configuration is: Gigabyte H81M-S2H, i5-4460, 8Gb RAM, no PCI-E card (using integrated Intel 4600HD). It was a nearly vanilla installation, with the only problem of audio card, solved using PikerAlpha script.
After the update I only have a black screen when the desktop is expected. I checked on the forum about the same problem but I found only thread regarding NVidia drivers. I have the latest release of clover of course and I am using iMac 14,2 definition.
The config.plist is apparently very similar to the one on the USB installation drive I usually use, and I am able to reach the installer and modify files using it.
Any help?
Thank you.

Hi, I recently updated a friend's PC (that was still using 10.12) to 10.12.6. Its configuration is: Gigabyte H81M-S2H, i5-4460, 8Gb RAM, no PCI-E card (using integrated Intel 4600HD). It was a nearly vanilla installation, with the only problem of audio card, solved using PikerAlpha script.
After the update I only have a black screen when the desktop is expected. I checked on the forum about the same problem but I found only thread regarding NVidia drivers. I have the latest release of clover of course and I am using iMac 14,2 definition.
The config.plist is apparently very similar to the one on the USB installation drive I usually use, and I am able to reach the installer and modify files using it.
Any help?
Thank you.
  • Upload the config.plist from the affected system disk to the Forum[ if you can boot the system to its desktop through USB installation drive.]

• If that is not possible, upload the screen shots of :
  • Clover Boot Manager Screen >Options>Boot Args:----- Screen
  • Options> Graphics Injector screen

• Upload the config.plist from the affected system disk to the Forum[ if you can boot the system to its desktop through USB installation drive.]
This is the config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.8 KB · Views: 213
This is the config.plist
  • Please try the edited config.plist I am uploading replacing what you have been using.
    • I have added a FakeID and an ig-Platform-id for your Intel HD 4600 IntelGFX missing in your config.plist
    • I have added a verbose flag (-v) in Boot Arguments to see the boot screen in text-mode to check the effect of the config.plist change(this you can remove if you want, after testing the edited config to boot with just the apple logo)

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.1 KB · Views: 220
Just tried your config.plist. I am in a similar situation: now I have a recurring message every 10 seconds.
During boot I had several photos made, here they are:
IMG_5153.jpg IMG_5154.jpg IMG_5155.jpg IMG_5156.jpg IMG_5157.jpg IMG_5159.jpg
IMG_5153.jpg
IMG_5154.jpg
IMG_5155.jpg
IMG_5156.jpg
IMG_5157.jpg
IMG_5159.jpg

I hope this can help identify my problem.

The prelinked kernel is from the wrong OS version. Incomplete upgrade installation. You might remove FakeSMC and its plugins from wherever they are installed, and install latest FakeSMC to the bootloader kext folder, usually /efi/clover/kexts/other. Then boot without caches.

Just tried your config.plist. I am in a similar situation: now I have a recurring message every 10 seconds.
During boot I had several photos made, here they are:
View attachment 274622 View attachment 274623 View attachment 274624 View attachment 274625 View attachment 274626 View attachment 274627 View attachment 274622 View attachment 274623 View attachment 274624 View attachment 274625 View attachment 274626 View attachment 274627
  • I have uploaded edited image of one of the Boot screen shots you have posted as image #1 showing the area of concern and what I suspect as the possible cause for the freeze.
  • Image 2 is from your Clover config.plist opened in Clover Configurator Vibrant (CCV)showing previously suggested FakeID for Intel GFX plus new editing showing [√]USB Inject and[√] FixOwnership
  • Please edit your config.plist>Devices >USB section as shown on the image and save that edited config.plist and try again.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 1.Boot freeze from USB Ports..png
    1.Boot freeze from USB Ports..png
    1.4 MB · Views: 188
  • 2.Devices_USB FixOwnership √.jpg
    2.Devices_USB FixOwnership √.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
This completely solved my problem. I can't thank you enough.
Now I have to solve Realtek ALC887 audio but I think I have only to reinstall PikerAlpha

Thank you again!

Edit: Old PikerAlpha method didn't work... I'll keep trying

Last edited:
This completely solved my problem. I can't thank you enough.
Now I have to solve Realtek ALC887 audio but I think I have only to reinstall PikerAlpha

Thank you again!

Edit: Old PikerAlpha method didn't work... I'll keep trying

Attachments

• Multibeast Audio_Realtek_Alc 887.png
    Multibeast Audio_Realtek_Alc 887.png
    132.5 KB · Views: 100
It worked but I had to remove old ALC887, CloverALC kexts, all config.plist audio patches and restore AppleHDA original version. All OK now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back