Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Fujitsu Siemens G31T-M2
CPU
E7600
Graphics
GTX 650
Dear,

Currently I have a working hackintosh that's running macOS High Sierra.
That system configuration works fine.
That was with a graphics card Nvidea Gtx 5xxx series.

But because that type of graphics card had not support for Metal, I have switched that to a Nvidea GTX 650 Graphics card.

If i test to boot with the new GPU to High Sierra it won't boot, I can only boot with the following boot flags -x and -v.
Otherwise, there is nothing changed to my system configuration, and works before the gpu change good.

But that's not my goal, I want to get Mojave Beta running on that system.

I have created two partitions, one for the "Mojave installer" and one for the "Mojave disk".
I'm using Legacy boot mode.

I have tried to install macOS Mojave using following guideline: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-create-a-macos-mojave-public-beta-installation-usb.254626/

I can get to the installer successfully, the installation self works but Mojave beta won't boot.

The problem: I see shortly a grey screen (i think the screen where the login page is loading) but after 1.5 second the system reboot back to my clover bootloader choose Mojave Disk and again grey screen reboot after 1.5 seconds and again, again and again.

I have also tried with the bootflags -x and -v but the same issue persist.
If I check the "Mojave Disk partition", i can see it's is around 100GB, so I think the installation is successfully done but it won't boot.

I have attached my clover folder from my installation partion "Mojave Installer". (CloverEFI_Mojave_Installer.zip)

How can this issue be solved?
I think with this configuration of my hackintosh that it is possible to run Mojave.

On a sidenote: My system have also an integrated graphics Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100 video but I want to use my GTX 650 because it have metal support.

Thanks in advance !!!

Attachments

• CloverEFI_Mojave_Installer.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 220
Last edited:
The problem: I see shortly a grey screen (i think the screen where the login page is loading) but after 1.5 second the system reboot back to my clover bootloader choose Mojave Disk and again grey screen reboot after 1.5 seconds and again, again and again.
Intel Core 2 Duo E7600 with only SSE4.1, without SSE4.2
Replace com.apple.telemetry.plugin with one from 10.13.x
/System/Library/UserEventPlugins/com.apple.telemetry.plugin

Intel Core 2 Duo E7600 with only SSE4.1, without SSE4.2
Replace com.apple.telemetry.plugin with one from 10.13.x
/System/Library/UserEventPlugins/com.apple.telemetry.plugin

Thanks this works as a charm :p

Thanks this works as a charm :p
Hi, can you explain how to do this please? I have the telemetry plugin file, but I'm locked out of copying it into either the original downloaded Mojave installer app, or Unibeast-made USB installer stick. How do you insert this file into the /System/Library/UserEventPlugins/ folder?

Hi, can you explain how to do this please? I have the telemetry plugin file, but I'm locked out of copying it into either the original downloaded Mojave installer app, or Unibeast-made USB installer stick. How do you insert this file into the /System/Library/UserEventPlugins/ folder?

I have 2 partitions created one with the current working macOS and one where the new macOS will be installed.
Just doing the installation on a seperate partition, but now the extra partition doesn't boot.

Now you need to log on to the current macOS installation, search for the telemetry plugin file and copy that to the correct location on the drive where you have installed the new macOS.

Now you can reboot and start the new installed macOS version for setting up the configuration and etc..

PS: How to put that directy on the installer app or Unibeast made usb stick, I don't know how to achieve that goal.

PS: How to put that directy on the installer app or Unibeast made usb stick, I don't know how to achieve that goal.
This is really what I'm trying to do, as I haven't yet managed to install Mojave. Must admit, the last few mac os versions have been a breeze to install or update, this time I'm really pulling my hair out.

This is really what I'm trying to do, as I haven't yet managed to install Mojave. Must admit, the last few mac os versions have been a breeze to install or update, this time I'm really pulling my hair out.

Google “Mojave patcher tool”. It is designed to get past the checkpoints for unsupported CPUs. There are workarounds but you will need to find them. Google is your friend.

Google “Mojave patcher tool”. It is designed to get past the checkpoints for unsupported CPUs. There are workarounds but you will need to find them. Google is your friend.
Yeah, tried and am trying all that. No luck with Mojave OS patcher tool, no luck with any Clover version. Either stuck at blinking cursor on boot, or can load Cliver but end up with Unsupported CPU error or something else not playing.

Have also seen other method of patching for SSE4.1 cpus, but honestly I don’t understand the process for how to do it.

I think this idea will work on older chips such as core2 quad q6600, I think if we replace the telemetry plugin with one from elcapitan that will allow processors from before sse4.1 at least I would think that would be the case since there are 2008 iMacs running Mojave using "dosdudes" patch.

Last edited:

How I got it to work was I just installed Mojave since I could get the Mojave installer to boot and install with no problems it was afterwards it would just reboot or sometimes come up like normal for about 2 seconds and then reboot so I used a bootable USB highsierra disk booted from that then copied the plugin and when I rebooted everything else was the same as high sierra. I think if u booted from elcapitan and did the same thing you would get it to work on e8200 and older core2 cpus as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back