Contribute
Register

[Solved] Installing Apple AHCIPort.kext v328

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA -Z77X-UD5H rev.1.0
CPU
i7 > Need full CPU model number > See Forum Rules!
Graphics
Intel > Need full model number > See Forum Rules!
I am trying to install High Sierra with Unibeast on the following system:- MB = GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R Rev. 1.0; CPU = Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 2.5Ghz; Graphics = ASUS Radeon HD 5570. A nice vintage machine but it runs Sierra OOB.
Trouble is when the Unibeast High Sierra USB disk Utility tries to erase the HDD to install all I get is "Unable to write to the last block of the device. Operation failed..." and that is as far as I get. The mobo chip is the ICH10 of course which means that the new Apple AHCIPort.kext v329 in High Sierra reads the HDD as uninitialized.

What I need to do is put the old Apple AHCIPort.kext v328 in /Library/Extensions of the Install MacOS High Sierra which is in Applications on my other machine currently running Yosemite and make another Unibeast USB
OR
put Apple AHCIPort.kext v328directly in /Library/Extensions of the Unibeast Install High Sierra.

The question is HOW TO DO THIS??
Using KextBeast or KextUtility on the dektop only gives me the option to install the kext to /Library/Extensions of the current OS Yosemite??????

Well there has not been much response to my original question and I am just wondering if I am on the wrong track altogether and whether this injection of Apple AHCIPort.kext, pre-installation, is even possible.
With so many people having this issue on older MBs of their drives showing up as uninitialized I think future releases of Unibeast should include the older Apple AHCIPort.kext built in?!?!

With so many people having this issue on older MBs of their drives showing up as uninitialized I think future releases of Unibeast should include the older Apple AHCIPort.kext built in?!?!

Just curious, since you have read many posts about ICH10 and know the cause of this issue, should know about ICH10 patches, why not use ICH10 patches instead of install old AHCIPort,kext to installer, much simply.

Alright thank you friends for the response.
I have not actually ever had to use Clover Configurator as yet and was hoping for a more familiar way but, seeing as that is the direction you are guiding me, then I will take the plunge.
All the best Shuhung and BreBo :)

Update:- managed to edit the config.plist on the EFI of UniBeast no problem and was able to erase HDD and install High Sierra. I am writing this now from High Sierra on the vintage machine outlined in my initial post.
However certain problems :-
I can only boot into High Sierra in safe mode and have not been able to dispense with my UniBeast USB because every time I run Multibeast it fails no matter what combination of multiple or single selections. I have tried version 10.1 and 10.2 of Multibeast but to the same effect. I also installed the older version of AppleAHCIPort to Library/Extensions and also to System/Library/Extensions but this has not helped either.
I know if BreBo reads this he will know what to do
Unibeast Clover indicates that my High Sierra Install is HFS.
Here is the Multibeast Log:

03/27/18 00:23:40 - Starting MultiBeast 10.2.0-20171217
03/27/18 00:26:31 - Installing 'Bootloaders > Clover Legacy Boot Mode'
03/27/18 00:26:40 - Install of 'Clover_v2.4k_r4359-Legacy.pkg' failed.
'installer: Package name is Clover v2.4k r4359 EFI bootloader
installer: Installing at base path /
installer: The install failed (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.)
'. Exiting.
12/18/17 00:28:39 - Starting MultiBeast 10.2.0-20171217
12/18/17 00:29:31 - Installing 'Bootloaders > Clover Legacy Boot Mode'
12/18/17 00:29:39 - Install of 'Clover_v2.4k_r4359-Legacy.pkg' failed.
installer: The install failed (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.)
'. Exiting.
12/18/17 00:36:25 - Installing 'Bootloaders > Clover Legacy Boot Mode'
12/18/17 00:36:34 - Install of 'Clover_v2.4k_r4359-Legacy.pkg' failed.
'. Exiting.
12/18/17 00:36:43 - Starting MultiBeast 10.2.0-20171217
12/18/17 00:37:33 - Mounting EFI
12/18/17 00:37:35 - Mount of EFI partition failed. Exiting.
03/27/18 00:38:39 - Starting MultiBeast 10.2.0-20171217
03/27/18 00:39:31 - Mounting EFI
03/27/18 00:39:32 - Mount of EFI partition failed. Exiting.
03/27/18 01:24:04 - Starting MultiBeast 10.2.0-20171217
03/27/18 01:24:43 - Installing 'Bootloaders > Clover Legacy Boot Mode'
03/27/18 01:24:53 - Install of 'Clover_v2.4k_r4359-Legacy.pkg' failed.
'. Exiting.
03/27/18 01:46:07 - Starting MultiBeast 10.1.1-20171113
03/27/18 01:46:55 - Installing 'Bootloaders > Clover Legacy Boot Mode'
03/27/18 01:47:04 - Install of 'Clover_v2.4k_r4297-Legacy.pkg' failed.
'installer: Package name is Clover v2.4k r4297 EFI bootloader
'. Exiting.

Any Ideas Anybody??????

Last edited:
Well guys I've just found out that Multibeast will fail when booted in Safe Mode or at least the EFI will not mount.
This means I have to find a way to boot into High Sierra other than in Safe Mode.
I am also thinking I might be able to copy the entire Clover folder over from my Unibeast USB which would get me started??!!

Have you tried to copy v328 to USB/EFI/Clover/Kext/Other and boot?

Thank You juseon123 copied the v328 to USB/EFI/Clover/Kext/Other and 10.13 but makes no difference. I can confirm the v328 are already on Library/Extensions and also to System/Library/Extensions.
No boot arguments on the spacebar menu in Clover will get me into High Sierra apart from Safe Mode and of course then Multibeast and any Clover installation will fail.
On everything but Safe Mode the Apple Logo comes up and the progress bar reaches the three quarter mark and the screen goes black and stays that way indefinitely.

But Guys on Verbose Mode the last message before the black screen is:-

Unsupported CPU for Reporter

the CPU for this vintage machine is Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 2.5Ghz which was OK on Sierra but might need a fix for High Sierra
Any Ideas Guys??!!!

Well the result of copying v328 to USB/EFI/Clover/Kext/Other and of installing the older AppleAHCIPort to Library/Extensions and also to System/Library/Extensions is that I cannot now even boot in Safe Mode.

So what I have done is started over, made a new Unibeast install USB, used the IC10 fix and done a fresh install and once again I could only boot into High Sierra with Safe Mode to complete the Desktop installation.

I only have access via Safe Mode and that means I cannot do Multibeast or get Clover on.

What can be done Lads??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back