1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
The background: I have two Probook 4530s laptops. One is a 4530s i3 with Hi-Res upgrade and the other is a 4530s i7, with discrete graphics and standard resolution.

I have spent three days trying every combination of boot flags and kexts, but no luck.

I can get my USB installer for Mavericks, Yosemite (clover and clover legacy), and El Capitan to boot correctly on my i3 but they immediately reboot my i7 laptop after a few seconds with very little information displayed...

I have disabled the discrete graphics to remove that from the equation, too, but that doesn't seem to matter.

The message on the screen usually shows a row of plus signs (+++++++++++++++) and then it reboots.

If I use safe mode, I get a little more.

It says:
Using Safe Mode
Error Allocating 0x4766 pages at 0x000000000c63000 alloc type 2
Error loading kernel cache (0x9)
Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting...

So, I don't get it - the machines are almost identical with the exception of the core type and the discrete graphics. The USB installers should at least get further on the i7; not halt at the very beginning.

I am attaching my config.plist from my El Capitan installer, but this problem exists for Yosemite, El Cap, and Mavericks.

Also, in my kexts folder, I removed all numbered folders and placed my fakesmc kext and voodoops2controller kext in the kexts/Other folder.

Lastly, my drivers64UEFI folder contains: FSInject-64.efi, HFSPlus.efi, and OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi. I have also tried the OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and OsxAptioFixDrv2-64.efi files and that didn't help.

Any ideas. It has to be something really simple that I am missing. I am hoping any way!

Thanks!

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.6 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
Installers work on i3 Probook 4530s but not my i7 4530s

The background: I have two Probook 4530s laptops. One is a 4530s i3 with Hi-Res upgrade and the other is a 4530s i7, with discrete graphics and standard resolution.

I have spent three days trying every combination of boot flags and kexts, but no luck.

I can get my USB installer for Mavericks, Yosemite (clover and clover legacy), and El Capitan to boot correctly on my i3 but they immediately reboot my i7 laptop after a few seconds with very little information displayed...

I have disabled the discrete graphics to remove that from the equation, too, but that doesn't seem to matter.

The message on the screen usually shows a row of plus signs (+++++++++++++++) and then it reboots.

If I use safe mode, I get a little more.

It says:
Using Safe Mode
Error Allocating 0x4766 pages at 0x000000000c63000 alloc type 2
Error loading kernel cache (0x9)
Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting...

So, I don't get it - the machines are almost identical with the exception of the core type and the discrete graphics. The USB installers should at least get further on the i7; not halt at the very beginning.

I am attaching my config.plist from my El Capitan installer, but this problem exists for Yosemite, El Cap, and Mavericks.

Also, in my kexts folder, I removed all numbered folders and placed my fakesmc kext and voodoops2controller kext in the kexts/Other folder.

Lastly, my drivers64UEFI folder contains: FSInject-64.efi, HFSPlus.efi, and OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi. I have also tried the OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and OsxAptioFixDrv2-64.efi files and that didn't help.

Any ideas. It has to be something really simple that I am missing. I am hoping any way!

Thanks!

Make sure your Clover is up-to-date.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

I am using Clover v3330. I have also tried Unibeast 5.2.0 and 6.1.1 for attempting a Mavericks install. None of them get past the first 5 seconds.

I am using Clover v3330.

Post EFI/Clover folder.

Make sure all Clover components are up-to-date (including *.efi in drivers64UEFI).

I have also tried Unibeast 5.2.0 and 6.1.1 for attempting a Mavericks install. None of them get past the first 5 seconds.

Unibeast is not used for the ProBook series.

EFI/Clover folder, compressed.

Thanks!

Use OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, not OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.

Use OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, not OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.

I tried both of these separately as well as the low-mem version and no dice, HOWEVER, something else solved my problem.

Like I was saying previously, I have two Probook 4530s models. As I was looking at the i3 model for ideas, I noticed the BIOS menu looked slightly different as well as the boot-up options when you hit F9 at power-up.

On my i7, I had hit the Load Default BIOS settings option several times over and that didn't make any difference, but I decided days later to try it once more and Exit & Save without changing anything else. I was always diligent in the past about enabling and disabling all of the BIOS options that the various guides recommended.

This time when I booted back into my boot options (F9), things looked slightly different. My BIOS settings pages (F10) also looked a bit different. I am on bios version F.60 and had always thought it was kind of sketchy; especially with UEFI. Well, something clicked this time and I was able to install El Capitan using Clover and the PBI-CE. Everything just worked as it should.

The problem was resolved by going to the BIOS and making just ONE change before I chose Exit while Saving Changes. That change was to Load the Default BIOS settings and was one that I had done multiples times before, but possibly never took if I made other changes in the BIOS during that session, too.

While the 4530s is a good machine for building a CustoMac (I have built three of them), its UEFI compatibility leaves a little to be desired - an in all fairness, they do Disclaim that much in the BIOS when you enable UEFI.

Thanks for your help as always, RehabMan.

Marked solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back