GTX 960
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Spec list:
CPU: i5 4590
RAM: 16 GB
Mobo: ga-z97x-ud3h
GPU: Nvidia GTX 960

I was on El Cap, and decided to update to Sierra. Everything went somewhat well, but HDMI audio would not work at all. So i figured, let's just update to the betas because this will end well ! /s

Everything boots up, but it's using OsX's display drivers,and there are no updates for Nvidia drivers , assuming because of beta version?
No, I did not backup anything because I'm just...lazy. No excuses at all. Read that I can only re-partition the SSD, or start fresh from the stable version 10.12.5 .
Honestly, I really don't wanna do this, because I have a lot of RAW photos and edited photos. Surely I can back them all up via external drive, but I don't wanna download all the apps I have. I just don't wanna start over because everything is set up to my liking...again, being completely honest!
Don't take this as a "please pity me" post!! I made a mistake, and to finally get to the POINT.
Do I have to just wait it out until 10.13 (hopefully next week) gets pushed out? Or wait until this variant of Sierra is out of beta, and Nvidia updates their drivers?

Yes, I am a semi noob, as I figured out that you can't restore like Winblows, and didn't even think to check if the beta has proper driver support.

Mods, if this is the wrong place to post, I am sorry. Be gentle on my noob soul, even though I do see the errors of my ways!

@BreBo , gonna update my specs now, I'm sorry.
Also, the solution didn't fix my issue. I think the problem is that, I'm on a public Beta of 10.12.6 and there are no Nvidia drivers. I tried to use a few, just because, and nothing.
The system is fully capable of booting up, but it's so glitchy when I am scrolling websites and stuff. I am on my Windows HDD right now, because it is a pain to do anything.

INB4 I don't know how to follow directions -____-
Just seen how to force drivers to work. Gonna try now, and see if it works. Yup, I'm a noob that's impatient and doesn't read. My body is ready for hate LOL.

Last edited:
Thank you guys so much!! I got the drivers to work. Now I just need to get the volume working again, and I'm golden!

Everything is working, including audio!! I just did everything over, from when I had this issue when I first started this Hackintosh. Replaced an SSDT, ran a cloverHDMI command... Basically all the "post install" things without wiping anything! Thank goodness!!

Greetings,

I appeared to have “successfully” installed then latest version of the Nvidia web driver on to 10.12.6, but I am not getting any effect. The System Preference panel indicates that the Web drivers are being used. I only get one resolution in the Display panel too.

Suggestions appreciated.

Thank you.

@mousebert same problem. Did you solve the problem ? Anyone to help ?

Thank you guys so much!! I got the drivers to work. Now I just need to get the volume working again, and I'm golden!
I got it enabled but it is not working. Screen is flickering even Nvidia driver is selected.

@mousebert same problem. Did you solve the problem ? Anyone to help ?

Still have not gotten it to work. I've not had the time re-try. I was hoping by now that Nvidea would have updated the driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back