Contribute
Register

[Solved] Installation USB will not boot successfully - Service exited with abormal code: 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock Z97 Extreme 6
CPU
Intel Core i5 4690k
Graphics
ASUS GeForce GTX 1070
Mac
  1. iMac
So I had an old Sierra installation USB from a month or two ago that I tried to use. It kept getting stuck around what seemed to be 90% to 95%. So I decided to create a new one using the UniBeast 7.1.1, since it was newer than the one I had used to make that other USB. I still got the same problem though, so I used the boot flags -v to see the error. I kept getting this:
iMac.local com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (org.ntp.sntp.157) <Warning>: Service exited with abnormal code: 1 I read somewhere that booting with -x would help it, so I tried booting with safe mode (-x) and verbose (-v) but still got that error. If anyone would be able to help I'd greatly appreciate it.

Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme 6
16 GB RAM
GTX 1070

Last edited:
@PotatoBoi, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Did you ever fix this? I was experiencing issues on my Yosemite build (that sorta came out of nowhere) and so now I'm trying to fix it by updating to Sierra, following essentially the same steps as you. I'm hung around 90-95% with the same Abnormal Code warning.

Did you ever fix this? I was experiencing issues on my Yosemite build (that sorta came out of nowhere) and so now I'm trying to fix it by updating to Sierra, following essentially the same steps as you. I'm hung around 90-95% with the same Abnormal Code warning.
No sorry I was not able to fix it. I'm still looking for a fix. It also came abruptly out of nowhere to me, but there must not be others who have fixed this problem as I have seen a few threads on some other sites with no fixes.

No sorry I was not able to fix it. I'm still looking for a fix. It also came abruptly out of nowhere to me, but there must not be others who have fixed this problem as I have seen a few threads on some other sites with no fixes.
  • The best way to get help is to share the image on the Display screen by uploading to this Forum instead of trying to transcribe what you saw and your own interpretation of the significance of the text that caught your eyes on the verbose boot screen
  • Another thing that will be helpful for the troubleshooters to help you is to upload the Compressed CLOVER folder from the USB Installer Disk as a file to the Forum. Contents of CLOVER largely determine the fate of the USB Installer from Clover Boot Manager to its destination , the Installation screen with Disk Utility.

Hey I ended up fixing it. So here is how it went for me. (Reading this long story is not necessary, skip to the last two sentences if you wish) I had a crappy hard drive that I originally installed Mac OS X Sierra on to test it out at first. I liked it, so I plugged in my installer USB again to install hackintosh on an ssd. I had used the clover that booted up when I first turned on my computer. I tried lots of things I read everywhere, until out of frustration accidentally found a solution! I unplugged anything else hackintosh related and ONLY kept the installer USB in. Long story short, I made sure I used ONLY the clover that was on the installer USB and it booted all the way through. The problem was that I was using the clover on the crappy hard drive and NOT the clover on the installer USB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back