Contribute
Register

[Solved] Installation trouble - kexts stall/kernel is waiting for external credential

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
EVGA Z170 Classified K
CPU
I5 6600
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I had hackingtosh up and running, but I was playing around with he latest version of clover and somehow managed to break it ... enough that I decided I would just re-install everything. But this time I cannot get through the installer.

See attached screenshot, there seem to be several errors.

IMG_0095.jpg

Waiting for DSMOS (I feel like it use to say 'has arrived')
Architecture couldn't be recognised
kexts stall (AppleACPICPU)
and when I let it sit for ~10 minutes I get the last gIOScreenLockState message.

I managed to get the installer running, but at the end it reboots and this is where I get stuck.

I ran it with arguments: -v cpus=1 npci=0x03000

I will keep fiddling around, changing things ...but any hint or advice would be greatly appreciated! thank you!

So I experimented a little bit ... and it seems the problem is related to USB ... and I can not find all the recommended options for my bios (EVGA).

But - with boot flags and setting USB to 'ownership and Injection' I was able to get to the installer again - Every reboot as part of the installation worked fine (except a long timeout waiting for my other SDD drive for some odd reason) - but after the final reboot .... I am unable to launch 'Boot MacOS from HD' in the boot up menu without getting the same error I posted above.

'Waiting for DSMOS' seems to be an error related to FakeSMC not loading (based on other forum posts) ...but I am not understanding why it was loading fine during install, but not after ... any ideas to what else I could check/do/report?

Thank you

FakeSMC.kext is present in \EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other

OH!! update!! I checked my config.plist and it was a mess .... I replaced it with a template I found here on tonymacx86 ....and now I managed to boot!! WOHOOO!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back