Contribute
Register

[Solved] Installation issues Z77MA-G45 with High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have HFS, you no need apfs in your drivers64UEFI. Before High Sierra I no need drop BGRT or MATS. Now with High Sierra on my 7series, I need drop BGRT or MATS to get it works. Now with Mojave, I need drop on my two mobo: BGRT or MATS, first or second works. I can't explain why I need one or other to make them work. But since I need one or other.

If I keep MATS, what should I change in SMBIOS?

Also, the apfs.efi file is in the drivers64UEFI folder on the install USB

If I keep MATS, what should I change in SMBIOS?

Also, the apfs.efi file is in the drivers64UEFI folder on the install USB
For me ones or other:BGRT or MATS works perfectly.For SMBIOS use 14,2 and if you have made install and High Sierra converted your ssd disc to new APFS you may need apfs in your drivers64UEFI folder on the install USB to finish the installation and for the post install you must have apfs in your drivers64UEFI folder internal disc

Last edited:
@ijhammo what version of MSi BIOS are you using for your machine? I have same mobo. Was running MSi updated BIOS v1.9. I know there are newer. Should I update to v1.B - which lists as v1.11 when you see the version number in the BIOS screen? It caused previous install of Mavericks to loop on boot. Trying to upgrade to Sierra or High Sierra currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back