HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

After putting it off for a very long time I am finally trying to install High Sierra on my Z77MA-G45.

I have followed the standard instructions but its not working.

I didn't have to change any settings from default to get the installer up and running. I get to the 2nd reboot (where you boot from the USB stick then run the install from clover) and it gets about halfway with 8 mins remaining and hangs - with a "calculating time remaining" message on the screen. I left this overnight just to be sure and it was still at the same point 8 hours later.

I have tried SMBIOS 18,3 as suggested in other posts but the same thing happens. I tried verbose mode but you dont get any messages on screen during the 2nd step of the install.

With the exact same bios settings my el capitain install runs fine so I am guessing its not Bios setting related. I have tried recreating the installer, using just one stick of memory, and putting the installer in various USB ports.

Any suggestions would be hugely welcome as I am totally stumped!

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi,

After putting it off for a very long time I am finally trying to install High Sierra on my Z77MA-G45.

I have followed the standard instructions but its not working.

I didn't have to change any settings from default to get the installer up and running. I get to the 2nd reboot (where you boot from the USB stick then run the install from clover) and it gets about halfway with 8 mins remaining and hangs - with a "calculating time remaining" message on the screen. I left this overnight just to be sure and it was still at the same point 8 hours later.

I have tried SMBIOS 18,3 as suggested in other posts but the same thing happens. I tried verbose mode but you dont get any messages on screen during the 2nd step of the install.

With the exact same bios settings my el capitain install runs fine so I am guessing its not Bios setting related. I have tried recreating the installer, using just one stick of memory, and putting the installer in various USB ports.

Any suggestions would be hugely welcome as I am totally stumped!

Thanks
Hello, SMBIOS 18,3 is not for 7series. It is for 200series or 300series. You can use SMBIOS 14,2. It works perfectly and you may need with 7series drop table: BGRT or MATS in 10.13.0+

Screenshot 2018-08-09 at 14.12.34.png

Thanks for the fast reply msh!

14,2 was the default that didn't work so i had a go with 18,3 :)

I'm not familiar with the tool you screenshot - can I do the drop table from clover in the installer, i do i need to create a custom file somewhere?

Sorry for the newbie questions

Thanks for the fast reply msh!

14,2 was the default that didn't work so i had a go with 18,3 :)

I'm not familiar with the tool you screenshot - can I do the drop table from clover in the installer, i do i need to create a custom file somewhere?

Sorry for the newbie questions
18,3 is no for your mobo, you can download clover configurator put it in your applications and mount EFI Folder and open your config.plist wit clover configurator to make the change and save it

ok got it re 18,3. I will use 14,2

when you say mount the EFI folder - I assume you mean the one on the USB installer? I am downloading the configurator as I type

Thanks

ok got it re 18,3. I will use 14,2

when you say mount the EFI folder - I assume you mean the one on the USB installer? I am downloading the configurator as I type

Thanks
Yes for the install and when you finish, do the same for post install

Hi msh,

so after swapping MATS for BGRT the installation completed! However, this time I didn't update it to afps (kept it on HFS)

So I am wondering whether the actual problem was that i needed apfs in drivers64UEFI and that was what was stopping the install?

Should I go back and reinstall with MATS dropped and not BGRT? What does MATS and BGRT actually do?

Thanks for all your help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back