Graphics
MSI GT730 (NVIDIA GEFORCE)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all,
I came to install my fresh build with Sierra. Followed the std install proceeder and change the bios to the following as default bios would not boot.

1. Set your BIOS as follows:
Extreme Tweeker
AI Overclocker Tuner > X.M.P.
**Extreme Tweeking > Enable** (can not find)
Advanced Items
System Agent (SA) Configuration > VT-d > Disable
PCH Configuration > IOAPIC 24-119 > Disabled
USB Configuration > Legacy USB Support > Auto
USB Configuration > XHCI Hand Off > Enabled
APM Configuration > Power on by PCI - E/PCI > Disabled
Boot Menu
Fast Boot > Disabled
Boot Logo Display > Disabled
Secure Boot > OS Type > Other OS
Boot Option 1 > USB installer thumb drive
Exit > Save Changes

Now my machine boots up, loads half way but stalls. See photos.

EDIT= Just check the ver of osx and it seems to be 10.12.6 which from other threads i have read could be an issue. Also i cant seem to find the 'extreme tweaking' tab in the bios. Could this be my issue?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20171028_195908.jpg
    IMG_20171028_195908.jpg
    905.2 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_20171028_193846.jpg
    IMG_20171028_193846.jpg
    577.8 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Good day, today is the first day I am trying to install macOS Sierra and I have encountered the exact same problem.

I followed the instructions here (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/), the install begins (as I can see the Apple logo) and eventually stops and I see the exact same display as the second photo above.

I am working with an Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero Motherboard (Intel Z270 chipset), all the parts were purchased from the recommended Custom MacPro specs.

One thing I noticed on the USB I created is that the folder "EFI Backups" is empty and there isn't another EFI folder, yet I see many posts regarding changes or editing files in "EFI/XXX

Thanks in Advance

Last edited:
Hi Mr Wolf,
Ive gone into the BIOS and disabled usb3 1 to 6 and it installed fine.
Now i have come to run Multibeast and am having issues. Not sure what i have done.

Thats correct. Now i need to format my SSD, its up booting up at all now, must have done something wrong in Multibeast.

Your Kaby Lake Systems will work best with High Sierra. The problem is that you have 3rd Party SSDs that don't have the same firmware as Apple/Mac SSDs. So if you go the HS route, install HFS + and not APFS. I would also advise waiting for Multibeast 10.0 to be released before installing High Sierra. You're both a little early to the party.

Hi T, good to hear form you, was hoping you'd turn up. lol. Thanks for the advice. What SSD do they use? When you say early to the party, do you mean with the i7 build asusz270g?

Have you and advice to help me out with Multibeast for this Sierra install?

Last edited:
Hi T, good to hear form you, was hoping you'd turn up. lol. Thanks for the advice. What SSD do they use?
It's not the Flash Storage that Apple uses that is different, it's the proprietary firmware they use. HS now checks that firmware to see if it is up to date. When it checks your 3rd party SSD firmware it throws up red flags.

When you say early to the party, do you mean with the i7 build asusz270g?

The best support for any Z270 system will be in High Sierra and that is still a WIP too. It makes it harder to get a fully working install until Apple fixes problems and even better High Sierra install guides are posted here.

I don't own anything Kaby Lake / Z270 based or anything made by Asus so I don't have anything to offer in your situation. As you learned from your HP 6200 experience, you need to find a guide clearly written by someone with the same hardware that has gone through the complete process. Then your chances of success by duplicating the build go way up. So try and find a User Build with similar hardware, exactly the same is best, and then test it out on your system and ask questions in that thread. I haven't seen any Asus Z270G guides that are very good yet. You might study some of the Asus Maxiumus IX guides to get some clues about what to do.

Thanks for explaining about the storage firmware issues, fingers crossed for fix in the future.

Thanks for your advice on the build and what to look for in the form of a guide. I had breif look at the Maxiumus build. I'll have a more in-depth look into in those.

Just had to format the SSD again due to this Multibeast issue. Totally fixed, all I did was add the sound and 18.3 machine and it spat it's dummy out on the reboot.

Hey guys, I am new to this hackintosh thing and noticed greywulf has the same specs I do. I am running into issues trying to install high sierra myself. I am going to follow this thread to see if there are any updates. I have a problem with the status bar stopping midway booting up. I am running on a Samsung SSD that was on the recommended hardware list. although I am confused to how to format to HFS. I once got high sierra booted up until i rebooted and it would only boot from clover. I tried other methods and made my system worse and now it just gets stuck half way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back