Wireless: Intel AC 7260
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) 1600Mhz Cl9 Kingston HyperX Impact
Storage:
- SSD mSATA: Samsung 850 evo 250GB
- SSD mSATA: Crucial M500 120GB
- HDD 7200 RPM - Western Digital 750GB
OD: UJ160 Blu-ray Reader/DVD-Writer

RehabMan, I need you!

I have read pretty much everything at least once through and worked through it the second time around. I've gotten it to install, but the screen is so garbled I can't read the selections. I have tried every possible fix I could find, but I'm stumped. I'm using your "laptop guide" with El Capitan. I'm about to start over again and try it with Yosemite, though I don't think that will work any better. I'm wondering if it's the version of clover I'm using (v3786), so I'm about to try the build you state as working in your thread (v3761). Could this be possible? I have managed to troubleshoot quite a bit with the info you've kindly provided, but I have reached a point that I cannot get past without a little advice on where I should focus my efforts. I'm not asking for spoon-feeding here, I would just like to know what the possible cause might be. Please.

Below are the images in order or what I'm experiencing. The Firewire GUID invalid issue is something I cannot get rid of either. I've played with my BIOS, and config.plist to no avail. Am I at least close to getting this working? Please help

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Hardware Specifications:
Notebook:
Clevo P150SM-A (Sager NP8268)
Chipset: Intel HM87
BIOS: Prema Mod v1
Graphics: Intel HD4600 + NVIDIA GTX 870M (Kepler) 1920 x 1080
CPU: Intel i7 - 4810MQ (Haswell)
Wireless: Intel AC 7260
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) 1600Mhz Cl9 Kingston HyperX Impact
Storage:
- SSD mSATA: Samsung 850 evo 250GB
- SSD mSATA: Crucial M500 120GB
- HDD 7200 RPM - Western Digital 750GB
OD: UJ160 Blu-ray Reader/DVD-Writer

RehabMan, I need you!

I have read pretty much everything at least once through and worked through it the second time around. I've gotten it to install, but the screen is so garbled I can't read the selections. I have tried every possible fix I could find, but I'm stumped. I'm using your "laptop guide" with El Capitan. I'm about to start over again and try it with Yosemite, though I don't think that will work any better. I'm wondering if it's the version of clover I'm using (v3786), so I'm about to try the build you state as working in your thread (v3761). Could this be possible? I have managed to troubleshoot quite a bit with the info you've kindly provided, but I have reached a point that I cannot get past without a little advice on where I should focus my efforts. I'm not asking for spoon-feeding here, I would just like to know what the possible cause might be. Please.

Below are the images in order or what I'm experiencing. The Firewire GUID invalid issue is something I cannot get rid of either. I've played with my BIOS, and config.plist to no avail. Am I at least close to getting this working? Please help

View attachment 214706 View attachment 214707 View attachment 214708

Enable legacy boot/CSM in BIOS.

It seems to have worked! This would not have been possible without your guides and advice. I thought I had already enabled CSM, but there are 5 options in the CSM/legacy boot menu in my BIOS, so I changed them all to either legacy or legacy with UEFI when available and I got to the installation of El Capitan!

However, I was stuck at the end of the install for a good 30 minutes with it saying "About a minute remaining", before it finished, switched to a black screen, flashed more verbose script and then back to black screen. I waited another 30+ minutes and then used the power button to restart since ctrl atl del and other shortcuts didn't seem to be working. I rebooted with the hard drive and it gave be a black screen.

I realize there will be more work to do once I get into the hard drive install, but I feel like I'm getting somewhere finally. I will look around for a fix to the black screen here, but a little help once again is sincerely appreciated!

Thank you!!

ElCapitan.jpg

Last edited:
However, I was stuck at the end of the install for a good 30 minutes with it saying "About a minute remaining", before it finished, switched to a black screen, flashed more verbose script and then back to black screen. I waited another 30+ minutes and then used the power button to restart since ctrl atl del and other shortcuts didn't seem to be working. I rebooted with the hard drive and it gave be a black screen.

Be patient, let it finish. Do not allow it to sleep.

It finished installing, but then went black screen, flashed some verbose code and went black and stayed black. After waiting a while, I used the power button to reboot it. Then, upon rebooting with the usb installer I got to a screen that said" OS X could not be installed on your computer". However, it gave me some options across the top of the screen. At the top of the screen it showed the apple logo, OS X Installer, File, Edit, Utilities, and Window. I selected Utilities and then disk utility and created a GUID partition the SSD I wish to install on. I rebooted once again and this time it was different:

Remembering back to the initial install, the only drive option was the USB drive. This time around it showed both the USB and the hard drive I want to install on. So, I think it needed to be GUID rather than unallocated, as it was before.

After it installed on the drive (titled M-Mac), it rebooted and I once again booted from the USB, but it gave me 3 options as shown below

From left to right:
- Boot OS X Install from Install OS X El Capitan
- Boot Mac OS X from M-Mac
- Boot Recovery from Recovery HD

image1 (1).jpg

I selected "Boot Mac OS X M-Mac" as you stated in your guide and I completed the install!

FINALLY.jpg

All thanks to you RehabMan! Your guides have been very helpful and informative and I appreciate it more than you know. I have learned alot in this process, and I realize there is more to do to get it closer to 100% functioning, but I am very happy right now, that I got this far.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

-----------------------
To those who feel like you're losing hope and about to give up:
Stick with it and you'll get it. I got to that point multiple times. Of course, it required a sick day for me to have the time to get to this point, but ya, thanks to RehabMan in particular, it's possible to hackintosh a Clevo P150SM-A. I'd also like to thank Prema for the BIOS mod. Without that, this may not have been possible, and it made this whole process alot easier.

It finished installing, but then went black screen, flashed some verbose code and went black and stayed black. After waiting a while, I used the power button to reboot it. Then, upon rebooting with the usb installer I got to a screen that said" OS X could not be installed on your computer". However, it gave me some options across the top of the screen. At the top of the screen it showed the apple logo, OS X Installer, File, Edit, Utilities, and Window. I selected Utilities and then disk utility and created a GUID partition the SSD I wish to install on. I rebooted once again and this time it was different:

Remembering back to the initial install, the only drive option was the USB drive. This time around it showed both the USB and the hard drive I want to install on. So, I think it needed to be GUID rather than unallocated, as it was before.

After it installed on the drive (titled M-Mac), it rebooted and I once again booted from the USB, but it gave me 3 options as shown below

From left to right:

View attachment 214932

I selected "Boot Mac OS X M-Mac" as you stated in your guide and I completed the install!

View attachment 214934

All thanks to you RehabMan! Your guides have been very helpful and informative and I appreciate it more than you know. I have learned alot in this process, and I realize there is more to do to get it closer to 100% functioning, but I am very happy right now, that I got this far.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

-----------------------
Stick with it and you'll get it. I got to that point multiple times. Of course, it required a sick day for me to have the time to get to this point, but ya, thanks to RehabMan in particular, it's possible to hackintosh a Clevo P150SM-A. I'd also like to thank Prema for the BIOS mod. Without that, this may not have been possible, and it made this whole process alot easier.

Marked solved.

From left to right:

View attachment 214932

View attachment 214934

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

-----------------------

I Have a Clevo P17SM-A, with i7-4810MQ, GTX870M, Killer N1202 Wifi + Bluetooth Combo, Hackintoshed with MacOS X Sierra, and my bluetooth is working, but WiFi don't, how could you solve this problem? HDMI Audio OUT doesn't work too...

hello Binarious, Im using a P150 Sma too, GTX 970m 6GB, 4710MQ can you please share your config also can you help me with the files for disabling nvidia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back