Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo E550
CPU
i7-5500u
Graphics
HD5500, 1928x1080; AMD Radeon R7 M260
Hi,

I've got a Dell Inspiron 15 5548 that I've been working on getting up and running on El Capitan. It's been a lot harder than I thought as googling around I'd found about 4 or 5 different 5548 success stories and some files that were supposed to work, but for whatever reason (bios, different hardware config, etc) they don't. So, I kind of started from scratch with my DSDT and SSDTs and have been figuring out patching with some success, but a few roadblocks.

Here's where I am:
Borrowed CFG.plist and Kexts from working builds
Modified DVMT pre-alloc in BIOS
Dumped ACPI files with Clover F4
Ran ssdtPRgen.sh and installed SSDT
Using MacIasl & RehabMan's awesome repository I patched the DSDT & SSDT-6, and got working battery and sound
DSDT (Inspiron 5548 Battery Fix, _DSM layout rename, Audio Layout 3)
SSDT (GFX0->IGPU, B0D3->HDAU)​
Run cloverHDMI script and allowed .plist and SSDT changes.

Currently the two items that I'm trying to cross off my list are HDMI Audio (nice), and Backlight Control (fairly critical).
I have RehabMan's IntelBaclight.kext installed, edited SSDT-6 which had GFX0 and B0D3 in it with the above two patches, but when I add either or both of the two patches to my DSDT I get a freeze and no boot. I'm not sure where I've gone wrong, and have spent 2 days solid trying to narrow down the problem without much luck. I'd appreciate an extra set of eyes.

I repartitioned and haven't reinstalled Windows, so I can't run CPU-Z at the moment to get motherboard #. I'm attaching IOREG, my Clover folder and kextstat output.

Thanks for any help, I'm really not sure where to go from here...

terminal said:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat

13 2 0xffffff7f82422000 0x66000 0x66000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (4.0) A29C7512-D3A8-3AED-9721-3A5FF1A32EB2 <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>

bash-3.2$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

bash-3.2$ kextstat|grep -y applelpc

83 0 0xffffff7f8207c000 0x3000 0x3000 com.apple.driver.AppleLPC (3.1) 32BDCF9F-0473-32D4-9DAE-F523EFB2D244 <75 12 5 4 3>

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 197
  • Inspiron_5548.ioreg
    5.6 MB · Views: 111
Hi,

I've got a Dell Inspiron 15 5548 that I've been working on getting up and running on El Capitan. It's been a lot harder than I thought as googling around I'd found about 4 or 5 different 5548 success stories and some files that were supposed to work, but for whatever reason (bios, different hardware config, etc) they don't. So, I kind of started from scratch with my DSDT and SSDTs and have been figuring out patching with some success, but a few roadblocks.

Here's where I am:
Borrowed CFG.plist and Kexts from working builds
Modified DVMT pre-alloc in BIOS
Dumped ACPI files with Clover F4
Ran ssdtPRgen.sh and installed SSDT
Using MacIasl & RehabMan's awesome repository I patched the DSDT & SSDT-6, and got working battery and sound
DSDT (Inspiron 5548 Battery Fix, _DSM layout rename, Audio Layout 3)
SSDT (GFX0->IGPU, B0D3->HDAU)​
Run cloverHDMI script and allowed .plist and SSDT changes.

Currently the two items that I'm trying to cross off my list are HDMI Audio (nice), and Backlight Control (fairly critical).
I have RehabMan's IntelBaclight.kext installed, edited SSDT-6 which had GFX0 and B0D3 in it with the above two patches, but when I add either or both of the two patches to my DSDT I get a freeze and no boot. I'm not sure where I've gone wrong, and have spent 2 days solid trying to narrow down the problem without much luck. I'd appreciate an extra set of eyes.

I repartitioned and haven't reinstalled Windows, so I can't run CPU-Z at the moment to get motherboard #. I'm attaching IOREG, my Clover folder and kextstat output.

Thanks for any help, I'm really not sure where to go from here...

DropOem=true is required with patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched. You have it set false.

See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

I originally had it set to true, however, booting with DropOEM=true results in a freeze @ boot in the same place (see below). So I set it to false and removed all the original files that corresponded to my patched SSDTs from /Clover/origin.

*The final line appears in -v booting during all boot, it's just that when I have the DSDT patched with IGPU or DropOEM = True, booting will freeze there.
When booting with only HDAU patched it will freeze at a USBMC error that also appears during normal boot.

Qy8UbGm.jpg

I originally had it set to true, however, booting with DropOEM=true results in a freeze @ boot in the same place (see below).

It means you made a mistake in patching the SSDTs. Probably you missed a rename in one of the files. Renames must be applied equally to all DSDT/SSDTs. Also, make sure SortedOrder specifies the correct order of SSDTs.

Indeed I did, thank you very much. Turns out I missed patching (or re-patching) some bits in SSDT-6.

Have almost everything working now, my current issues HDMI Audio is patched and shows up in System Profiler but when plugged in doesn't show up as an output option.

And my webcam doesn't display video, but the LED light comes out and doesn't shut off through reboots.

Have almost everything working now, my current issues HDMI Audio is patched and shows up in System Profiler but when plugged in doesn't show up as an output option.

HDMI audio guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-igpu-hdmi-dp-audio-sandy-ivy-haswell-broadwell.189495/

And my webcam doesn't display video, but the LED light comes out and doesn't shut off through reboots.

Does your webcam show a serial# in System Information->USB?

Thanks! I'd previously run the HDMI Audio patcher script and thought that that should have gotten it. I had to match up layout-ids (HDAU/HDEF) and add 4 of the patches (the script only applied one).

Does your webcam show a serial# in System Information->USB?

Yes.

Intel(R) RealSense(TM) 3D Camera (Front F200):
Product ID: 0x0a66
Vendor ID: 0x8086 (Intel Corporation)
Version: 27.80
Serial Number: 044140073609
Speed: Up to 5 Gb/sec
Manufacturer: Intel(R) RealSense(TM) 3D Camera (Front F200)
Location ID: 0x14d00000 / 6
Built-In: Yes

Yes.

Intel(R) RealSense(TM) 3D Camera (Front F200):
Product ID: 0x0a66
Vendor ID: 0x8086 (Intel Corporation)
Version: 27.80
Serial Number: 044140073609
Speed: Up to 5 Gb/sec
Manufacturer: Intel(R) RealSense(TM) 3D Camera (Front F200)
Location ID: 0x14d00000 / 6
Built-In: Yes

You should check that your USB configuration is correct (only inject ports that are used, use correct UsbConnector for each one).

See here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

Thanks for the pointer.

I think I've done what I can. It shows up in IOreg (was XHC@14>SSP4, but changed after XHCIMux)
EHCx renamed to EH0x
FakePCIID_XHCIMux installed
USBInjectAll.kext installed
Windows 8 OSI patch installed

Still getting the same situation, green light on, but black window on every cam app I've tried (Skype, Photo Booth, CameraControl).

Attachments

• Blackintosh.ioreg
    2.7 MB · Views: 73
Thanks for the pointer.

I think I've done what I can. It shows up in IOreg (was XHC@14>SSP4, but changed after XHCIMux)
EHCx renamed to EH0x
FakePCIID_XHCIMux installed
USBInjectAll.kext installed
Windows 8 OSI patch installed

Still getting the same situation, green light on, but black window on every cam app I've tried (Skype, Photo Booth, CameraControl).

Not all cameras are supported, but I would tend to keep all USB running off XHC (if possible), with proper UsbConnector, and only the ports you need injected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back