Contribute
Register

[Solved] Inspiron 15 5570 Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
My version of the 5570 doesn't have a touch screen, but I did try those kexts anyway. They didn't work for the laptop, back to the drawing board with this. By the way, where did you order your BT/Wifi combo card from?
1). I ordered the DW1560 from eBay. search for
Broadcom BCM94352Z DW1560 6XRYC

2). attached is the screenshot of the PCI list from DPCIManager. my trackpad is device ID 9D60, as highlighted. the i2c thread instructions says that devices 9D61, A160, and A161 are also supported but might require a different "satellite" kext, as they call them. you may have to apply some DSDT patches per the instructions in the I2C thread, as well as do some GPIO pinning. I haven't tackled any of that yet. I thought the trackpad was working perfectly, but I discovered that 2-finger click doesn't work as a right-click, even though it is selected as such in the prefs pane. not a huge issue but something I''m used to using with a trackpad.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-10 at 8.00.57 AM.zip
    136.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 5570 I2C kexts.zip
    136.3 KB · Views: 91
I have a Dell Inspiron 7370 and have the same rebooting problem, although my version has a touch screen, which might cause some difference.

Did you solve this with the normal steps? By which I mean enable the DVMT-prealloc 32mb patch, use valid platform id, and rebuild kextcache.
here's what I did to sort out the reboot/black screen problem:
for my laptop (5570) it was unclear and confusing, from several different threads, whether the right id was 591b, 5916, or 5917. so, I tried all permutations of the entries in config.plist for Devices>FakeID>Intelgfx and in Graphics>ig-platform-ID.

I started by using 591b8086 in fakeID, and all 3 platform id's: 591b0000, 59160000, 59170000. then I kept track of the result: reboot, black screen but no reboot, graphics but no accel, or graphics with full acceleration.
then I plugged in 59168086 for fakeID, and again tried all 3 platform id's. finally I plugged in 59178086 and all 3 platform id's.

of all 9 permutations, the correct one was fakeID of 59168086 and platformID of 591b0000.

so I would suggest the same experiment for your machine, using whatever id's you have found that are reported to work.

ken

for my laptop (5570) it was unclear and confusing, from several different threads, whether the right id was 591b, 5916, or 5917. so, I tried all permutations of the entries in config.plist for Devices>FakeID>Intelgfx and in Graphics>ig-platform-ID.

I started by using 591b8086 in fakeID, and all 3 platform id's: 591b0000, 59160000, 59170000. then I kept track of the result: reboot, black screen but no reboot, graphics but no accel, or graphics with full acceleration.
then I plugged in 59168086 for fakeID, and again tried all 3 platform id's. finally I plugged in 59178086 and all 3 platform id's.

of all 9 permutations, the correct one was fakeID of 59168086 and platformID of 591b0000.

so I would suggest the same experiment for your machine, using whatever id's you have found that are reported to work.

ken
I have dell 5570 laptop with i5 processor, can you please guilde me how to install high sierra with pre install windows 10 as dual boot.

I have dell 5570 laptop with i5 processor, can you please guilde me how to install high sierra with pre install windows 10 as dual boot.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

ken
Thank you very much for the details!

FakeID of 59168086 and platformID of 591b0000 is the default setting in the config.plist in RehabMan's GitHub repo, and it does not work for me, which makes me a big trouble. I didn't know 591b8086 could be a valid fakeID. I may try that. I think black screen but no reboot is a good sign, in which case you can plug in a HDMI monitor.

Also, did you make the macOS installer following RehabMan's guide, in which you create the disk using a command line instead of Unibeast?

Thank you very much for the details!

FakeID of 59168086 and platformID of 591b0000 is the default setting in the config.plist in RehabMan's GitHub repo, and it does not work for me, which makes me a big trouble. I didn't know 591bj8086 could be a valid fakeID. I may try that. I think black screen but no reboot is a good sign, in which case you can plug in a HDMI monitor.

Also, did you make the macOS installer following RehabMan's guide, in which you create the disk using a command line instead of Unibeast?

FakeID/IntelGFX=0x591b8086 will not work.
There is no support for that id in FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext.
It is why we use 0x59168086 when native is 0x59178086 (KabyLake-R), as the FakePCIID kext has the data to spoof 0x59168086 as KabyLake.

I have a Dell Inspiron 7370 and have the same rebooting problem, although my version has a touch screen, which might cause some difference.

Did you solve this with the normal steps? By which I mean enable the DVMT-prealloc 32mb patch, use valid platform id, and rebuild kextcache.

FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext weren't installed when this issue was happening. Once I had those kexts installed and the DVMT 32mb patch enabled, my laptop booted perfectly with no issues. Platform id hasn't changed in my config.plist file.

Hello,
You are install success?
I have a Dell Inspiron 5570.

Hello,
You are install success?
I have a Dell Inspiron 5570.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back