Graphics
HD4600 and GTX 760
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Update: On February 19, 2013, the iMessage not working problem has been solved with the latest version of Chimera. See http://www.tonymacx86.com/336-chimera-2-0-now-available-imessage-login-fix.html

For some reason I cannot sign into iMessage. I can sign into Itunes, Icloud, Apps Store etc. I am getting a "Server encountered and error processing registration.

I have tried to quit Imagent, delete network devices and network Plist file. I do not see my host file. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Imessage not working on Hackintosh with 10.8.2

Same problem here since last night. Imessage ask for signup (worked before) and is not able to register. Maybe apple problem.... I'll try again tonight

Thanks for the reply! I wonder if it is a Hackintosh problem or something on the Apple server side.

I got my Messages working by changing the hosts file back to default. After Messages authenticated, I reverted to the edited hosts file.

Though, if you say you can't find the host file, you probably haven't edited it, so it's still the default.

The above may help for anyone else needing to try something to get Messages to authenticate, rather than changing serials, etc...

Thanks for the information! I have tried with the host file unchanged and changed without any luck. I am having an issue with some files being hidden. Are you on Mountain 10.8.2 or 10.8.1? Thanks

Thanks for the information! I have tried with the host file unchanged and changed without any luck. I am having an issue with some files being hidden. Are you on Mountain 10.8.2 or 10.8.1? Thanks

I just built my Hackintosh last night and also ran into this problem. My hosts file is the default with out any custom entries. I've tried deleting all imessage references in the keychain and killing imagent process (but it just pops right back up). When I try to sign into iMessage, it gets to the next screen where I see my phone number and other email address that my phone and ipad use for iMessage, but it eventually pops up with the message that it's unable to register. This is pretty annoying :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back